Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I put lyrics to music on musixmatch and they aren't on spotify still

I put lyrics to music on musixmatch and they aren't on spotify still

Hey so I got a Musixmatch account in order to add lyrics to a song that my boyfriend created. His music is on Spotify. Musixmatch's website said to wait 48-72 hours but it's still not up on Spotify.
The 'helpful link' left in a similar FAQ about the same thing just led to a page saying 'it's not available for all songs.'
Well, why not, if the lyrics are synced, correct, and provided? How do I get this feature?

I planned on syncing lyrics for all of the 'Good Catch' by TheBrewz album, and would like to know I wouldn't be wasting my time by doing so. I just tested it with the song 'Simmer Down' by TheBrewz ft. Devin Cheff, Ragamuffs just for additional information.
23 Replies

I actually added the lyrics and synced it using Musixmatch when the song was released. The lyrics are available with my song on Instagram. But not yet available on Spotify. It's been 4 days after I uploaded and synced the lyrics using Musixmatch. Any Idea what the problem is? Or when will I be able to see the lyrics on my song on Spotify?

Song link - https://open.spotify.com/track/2DQ0OsdyR4VNUh0annvTz0?si=45b4d53e421a46ca

Hey @AmalFerry,

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community 🙂

Keep in mind that the time lyrics take to appear in the app may vary, as these are managed by your market's lyric provider.

Depending on your location, your provider could be Genius, Musixmatch, Singalong, SyncPower or PetitLyrics. We'd recommend making sure your lyrics are synced on all these platforms. 

Hope this helps. If anything else comes up, the Community will be here.

Cheers!

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

My lyrics and synced on every platforms. But Is not available on Spotify yet. It's been 6 days since I synced the lyrics with the song through Musixmatch.

Hi @AmalFerry,

Thank you for your reply. 

Whenever the lyrics of a song are uploaded, it might take multiple days to synchronize from our end. However, we suggest you reach out to Musixmatch so they can check that everything is fine from their end as well.

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hello,
Thank you for replying. Musixmatch told me that they have sent to all
stores. And it is Spotify that is taking time to synchronize the lyrics
from Musixmatch. From that moment I am trying my best to convey Spotify
Artist support to look into my song lyrics and to add them into the song. I
don't know what else to do. The Spotify support is telling me to contact
Musixmatch which I already did. Anything I could do to make this
process faster?

Hi there @AmalFerry,

Thank you for your swift reply!

It seems like the lyrics haven't finished synchronizing yet. In this case, it's better to keep in touch with the folks from Spotify for Artists through this link. 

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator

Plan

Premium

Country

Singapore

Device

Redmi Note 5/Desktop

Operating System

Android 9/Windows 10

My Question or Issue

As subject, I found a song that showing no lyrics in Spotify but I found the lyrics in Musixmatch (which is the region provider). I hope it can be synced up in Spotify.

FYI for the song:
YUMDDA, BRLLNT - Don't Call Me (Prod.BRLLNT) 

Hi @xblitzkyo,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We can confirm that the Lyrics feature is not available for every song. You can read more info about this here

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If you need help with anything else, just let us know 🙂

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

You need to add the lyrics on Distrokid. It took mine 24 hours after I did that.

I experience the same issue. I am a self published artist with a connected Spotify artist profile in Musixmatch. My submitted texts are synced and verified but still only appear in Musixmatch but not in Spotify. Is there a delay or what could be the problem?

Hi @JanBidner,

Thank you for posting on this thread.

This is a different issue since you're the publisher, when you upload lyrics to Musixmatch they can take between 48 to 72 to appear on Spotify 

If this time has passed and the lyrics still don't show up, then we suggest you contact our folks from Spotify for Artists through this link, who can take a deeper look into your account.

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

MafeGModerator

Same problem here. Has been days, going to give it until Monday and hope for the best. I have completed 3 songs now and am waiting, waiting, waiting...

Same here lyrics are verified but won’t show on spotify. it has been a week.

How long did it take? Is it there now? And same with Apple Music?

What about now? Did it work? Having the same issue.

Hey, I spent weeks transcribing, they worked on Spotify for one full day. I reached out to musixmatch “customer service” they ignore you and don’t even respond. When they finally do, they don’t care and ask me if I want to just cancel when obviously you spend weeks transcribing lyrics and 100k into your music it isn’t about the $200, yet their monopoly of getting your lyrics online. I complain and they banned me from their online community I never even been inside of, swear. Then they disabled my little brothers musixmatch account who’s a feature on my songs. This isn’t a joke. This company doesn’t deserve its power at all, this is insane. 

Ohhh... It's so bad to hear that. I'm sorry for the time and effort you put into that job. I edited a song three months ago and it still shows up on Spotify full of misspellings and out of sync with the music... I don't think I'll try again, although I would have liked to put lyrics to songs that don't have lyrics yet. Too sad. 😞

This issue is also with eminems godzilla, and it has lyrics everywhere other than Spotify...

I was working on my lyric video today and decided to upload and sync the same song in DistroKid before it comes out the 30th. I came to notice they (mUsiXmATcH) now charge $14.99 to have lyrics show up on Spotify, Instagram and Facebook while everywhere else the free option is available. Besides that, I also notices that a song I released MORE THAN A YEAR AGO hasn't been linked to Spotify... This is so stupid, makes you as an artist feel like the bottom of the food chain. 

Suggested posts