Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

I want to call this idea Gray Mode (?)

I want to call this idea Gray Mode (?)

• Hey Spotify Team & Light Mode Lovers!

I am a student in UX design (aka not an expert ) but, I am kind of upset with spotify’s response to no light mode option especially for those whose eyes hurt.

I understand the need to stay on brand. I can tell someone has spotify and I know as soon as I glance over because of the black background with white letters. Although, I believe there are other ways to replicate this.

For example(idea😞

1. using the slate gray color you have on this entry box and the green color that submits in a darker shade or test it out with different combinations!
  2. I also believe that your button (?) designs are very prominent ( love them ) they use a colorful theme theme that implements vector graphics unique to Spotify. I think it would take time but you could in the light mode introduce an even more prominent button or make the colors brighter or a variation of the logo with multiple colors at the top! 

I have had multiple people tell me that they don’t use spotify because it only offers dark mode, I think you have gained enough recognition where you are probably losing more customers than you are gaining by closing this issue off.

I understand if you don’t want to implement it tomorrow, projects take time but I think you owe it to your users to at least say this project would take x weeks to implement or our estimated timeline is so and so. Closing it off sounds like you don’t care about the user, just the brand recognition.

On a positive note, I very much acknowledge your hard work when it comes to UX and making the platform very personalized… which is why I am kind of surprised you just closed this off.

Let me know if you like my ideas? Thank you for making music such a personalized experience for us!

0 Replies

Suggested posts