Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I would like to have Videos on Desktop and no videos on Phone

Solved!

I would like to have Videos on Desktop and no videos on Phone

My Question or Issue

Is it possible to have videos played on the desktop version (win10) and no videos played on the phone version of the spotify app?

In the settings of the desktop version is no button to adjust the video settings. Can i have video on the desktop version without messing up my settings in the phone app?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @Falk2000,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, we'd like to add some insights. Keep in mind that the app settings on your devices are independent (there are some exceptions). The key point here is that the video settings on your mobile devices are not going to affect the video podcast on the desktop app.

That being said, it might be worth clarifying how video on podcasts work on the desktop app. First, it's important to take into account not all podcasts contain video. For the ones which do, you'll see an icon next to its name. Looks like this:

When it's highlighted in green means the video it's active and you'll see it at the left side of the screen at the bottom. You can choose to see the video on full screen as well. You'll see the controls for doing it within the video window. To be able to do this on the desktop app, you don't need to change the settings from the mobile app, since as you can see this could be managed directly from the desktop app.

Now, on the mobile phone you can find some settings to manage podcast videos. Although is not possible to completely disable them, you can choose to stream audio only when not on WiFi:

This option doesn't affect the video on the desktop app. If you're using Connect to control the playback from a mobile device, the desktop app will play the videos as long as you activate the button to show video (the one mentioned above).

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hi there @Falk2000,

Thanks for reaching out. Are you looking for video settings on Desktop? If so, these are not available at the moment. If instead you are facing some specific issue, please let us know specifically what it is and send us some screenshots or a video of it so we can take a look.

Let us know how it goes.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Joan, thank you for your awnser. So, if i want to see video postcast on my desktop app, i have to activate it in the video settings of the app on my phone, yes? (If so, it would be super nice, if we can get that setting on desktop too some day)

Marked as solution

Hey there @Falk2000,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, we'd like to add some insights. Keep in mind that the app settings on your devices are independent (there are some exceptions). The key point here is that the video settings on your mobile devices are not going to affect the video podcast on the desktop app.

That being said, it might be worth clarifying how video on podcasts work on the desktop app. First, it's important to take into account not all podcasts contain video. For the ones which do, you'll see an icon next to its name. Looks like this:

When it's highlighted in green means the video it's active and you'll see it at the left side of the screen at the bottom. You can choose to see the video on full screen as well. You'll see the controls for doing it within the video window. To be able to do this on the desktop app, you don't need to change the settings from the mobile app, since as you can see this could be managed directly from the desktop app.

Now, on the mobile phone you can find some settings to manage podcast videos. Although is not possible to completely disable them, you can choose to stream audio only when not on WiFi:

This option doesn't affect the video on the desktop app. If you're using Connect to control the playback from a mobile device, the desktop app will play the videos as long as you activate the button to show video (the one mentioned above).

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else. 

AlejaRModerator

Now i get it, thank you so much for your awnser 🙏

Hey @Falk2000,

Thanks for your reply.

We're really glad to know this is clear now 🙂 Don't hesitate to reach out if you need us again or if you have further questions.

We'll be here if anything else comes up.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator

Suggested posts