Free

Country

Germany

Device

Playstation 5 (PS5) / Samsung Galaxy Tab S7

Operating System

PS5 Systenmsoftware version: 22.01-05.02.00.03-00.00.00.0.1

My Question or Issue

As the title says, the audio/volume normalization does not work when playing songs on my Playstation 5. All the songs have a different volume level and its annoying because I have to change the volume myself for every song.

I have the Spotify App installed on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 and I can start songs on my PS5 from the Tab S7 app but even though I have the volume normalization enabled on that app it does not work on my PS5. However it works just expected when playing songs on my Tab S7.

I could not find a volume normalizer setting in the Playstation 5 Spotify app, actually I can not find any settings in the PS5 app, except for account settings.

2 Replies

Hey there @DaveJunior,

Thanks for the post.

On the PS5 there is are no specific Spotify app settings from where you can control the volume normalization. You can check if your speakers or TV offers such an option.

Here is how you can adjust the volume in general.

1. Press and hold the PS button on your controller to bring up the quick menu.
  2. Select Music > Spotify.
  3. Here you can skip songs, play/pause, or adjust the volume.

Hope this helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I followed these directions and music->Spotify just gives me a list of songs. I don't see any volume control anywhere. I have to set! My TV volume to 100 (maximum) to play music loud enough for cleaning. If the washing machine is going at the same time,  then too bad for me. Very annoying.  Then I have to turn it down to 25 when I'm playing a game or it'll blow out my speakers and my ears.

Spotify is clearly outputting low waveforms, trying to compensate with hardware to fix a software issue doesn't work for everybody.

Suggested posts