Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Initial fraction of a second of song is skipped on echo dot

Initial fraction of a second of song is skipped on echo dot

The first few hundred milliseconds of a song gets skipped when playing back on echo dot. This occurs when the track is directly selected for playback or when the previous/next buttons are used to move to the track. It does not seem to occur when a playlist or album naturally progresses from one song to the next. It also doesn't occur if the scrub/seek bar is used to start the track over from the beginning. So I would guess it has something to do with initializing playback. This can be very annoying as the first phrase of the music (which sets the mood for the song) often sounds very incomplete without those first few notes. It doesn't seem to matter which platform or version of spotify I use to control playback and it doesn't occur when I playback directly on my devices - only on echo. I primarily use mac (1.0.73.345.g6c9971ef) and android (8.4.39.673 armV7).

It's possible this a problem with the audio system in the echo dot itself and I've bugged amazon about it multiple times already. I am using the 3.5mm analog output on the echo dot, not bluetooth.

0 Replies

Suggested posts