Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is Drake Breaking the Internet?

Is Drake Breaking the Internet?

everytime i try to play Drake's newest album, it won't play. and if i try to save it, it won't save and the app will crash.

that is happening whether i am on desktop or my iphone.

i checked, and my spotify doesnt show any need ot being updated...unless i'm delayed on the update in their system somehow?

anyone know what to do?!?!?! i need help.

5 Replies

The availability of music on Spotify is up to the artist and their music label.

Spotify wants all the world's music, and they're working hard on making this happen for you. However sometimes agreements can't be reached with the artist or label or a change may happen in music ownership. Sometimes the music is only available in certain countries, while access is blocked to others. Sometimes the album or song will be unavailable temporary, and come back again later.

Views album is available in these regions:

AD AR AT AU BE BG BO BR CH CL CO CR CY CZ DE DK DO EC EE ES FI FR GB GR GT HK HN HU ID IE IS IT LI LT LU LV MC MT MY NI NL NO NZ PA PE PH PL PT PY SE SG SK SV TR TW UY

That is not what is happening here. There are many people who are in the correct region who cannot stream this album for one reason or another and it has nothing to do with having local files available. Something is broken with this album, specifically.

Also, the album is only available in US,MX,and CA.The list that Toku posted looks like the list of countries it is NOT available in.

I posted where it was suppose to be available, for example Finland where I live (FI) and I can play this album correctly.

That's odd, the album URI is spotify:album:40GMAhriYJRO1rsY4YdrZb. Using the developer console to check the region availibility, it says that the only countries it is available in is US,MX,and CA. If you use this app (created by user on the forum as seen on this topic), it also says that the songs are only available in US,MX, and CA. Where do you see that it's available in these other markets because the API says that it isn't?

Also, regardless of whether it's available in the other regions or not, there are multiple reports now from people in the USA where it is definitely available (not on your list?) that say they can't access it. 

I used this one:

http://kaaes.github.io/albums-availability/#3hARKC8cinq3mZLLAEaBh9

image.png

That website is very confusing at least, first it shows that this should be available in Finland but at the same time it shows it should be only available in 3 different regions. The album URI is diffrent though, in Finland my Views album URI is different which I used above. That's why I can actually play Views album without any issues.

Should we have better way to tell people which region their album is available, we have to ask people to copy and paste the album URI into their post every time they're asking something about the album regions.

Suggested posts