Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is anyone using Spotify on Symbian? Login stuck in loop

Solved!

Is anyone using Spotify on Symbian? Login stuck in loop

Hi Spotify Community. I've been a Spotify member for roughly a year now, and had no issues accross multiple platforms. However, I am currently trying to get spotify working on an older Nokia with Symbian S60 3rd edition. I've downloaded the app from the 'other platforms' page, and I am attempting to log in with my device username and password. If I put in an incorrect password, it tells me so. If I put my user and password correctly, I get a "logging in" screen for 30 seconds or so, then it goes back to the user and password entry page. My question is, 'Does the Symbian Spotify app still work, is anyone using it?" And if so, "Does anyone have a solution for my in-ability to log in?" Thanks in advance, Luke.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey everyone,

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with Spotify on your Symbian device.

We no longer officially support Symbian devices as a platform for Spotify.

Please note there will not be any further updates for this app.

Feel free to add your Kudos to this idea.

Hopefully that has cleared things up, but let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

View solution in original post

38 Replies

Hi,

I too am unable to log in with Symbian phone (Nokia N8, Symbian Belle).

Since last week, after select "Online" and connection (3G of Wifi), Spotify shows "Logging in with 3G..." or "Loggin in with Wifi" depending on connection type I selected. Couple of times it has connected (sort of) for a second or two (the blue bar on top turned to green), but then went offline again.

My password and username are ok. I have done the "clear saved data" to remove cache and offline playlists but no help.

I have a premium account. The version installed is 0.4.8.17  from 2009 (haven't found anything newer).

TIA,

Exactly same problem here!

Model: XpressMusic 5800

No need to underline I'm a premium user too...

@xyzzy wrote:

Hi,

Since last week, after select "Online" and connection (3G of Wifi), Spotify shows "Logging in with 3G..." or "Loggin in with Wifi" depending on connection type I selected. Couple of times it has connected (sort of) for a second or two (the blue bar on top turned to green), but then went offline again.

My password and username are ok. I have done the "clear saved data" to remove cache and offline playlists but no help.

I have a premium account. The version installed is 0.4.8.17  from 2009 (haven't found anything newer).

TIA,

I have the same problem with my Nokia 808.

I even cleard all data and uninstalled Spotify from my phone. So now i got no music on my phone.

Same problem for me. It would be nice if Spotify made a update for us.

It might be a bit of an ask for an update to the app on such a dated system, but it would be nice if something worked. Looks like it must have been borked somehow last week. Spotify, can you save us? 🙂

Hmm, this is hardly a solution.

Just turned my android phone in for repair and dug out the old 5800 xpressmusic. I managed to log into spotify, somehow. It seems like the connection is really flaky, I'm trying to sync music for offline use but its not going very well. It looks to me like the connection flickers in an out a couple of times a second. Managed to download some tracks, somehow, but as it is it's pretty useless. Forget streaming from online at least.

On further investigation it looks like the only music sucessfully synced is music I have on my computer in mp3 format. So it looks like that is the only thing that works. Oh well, at least I can use that.

@12160366676 wrote:

It might be a bit of an ask for an update to the app on such a dated system, but it would be nice if something worked. Looks like it must have been borked somehow last week. Spotify, can you save us? 🙂

How dose this work. Do we need to post a request for an update  and get 25 kutos?

Me too having a same problem with Nokia 700 (Symbian Belle)!!! What the hell is wrong??? Just connecting and connecting and it never connects!!! I tried also with another Nokia 700 and re-installing also, same problem!

IMG_0394.JPG

Hi, hola, my english are not fluid but i write in spanish. A mi tambien me ha pasado lo mismo(NOKIA 808 Symbian Belle), he instalado spotify, me han pedido una cuenta premium que he pagado y ahora nos cortan el servicio y opciones con respecto a las demas plataformas como IOS o Android....no hay derecho, es como dejar tirados a los usuarios de Windows XP...que seamos menos usuarios no les dan derecho a cortarnos el servicio...

Esperando una respuesta....molesto...

I wait for the answer...angry.... 

Yep. Exactly the same for me, using Nokia E7-00. No solutions as of yet... Real shame if they decided to pull the plug on the older phones. 😞

Same problem here on N8. Everything worked fine until last week!!

Same here on 808. No reason to pay anymore for Sporify if this problem can't be fixed.

Spotify Premium user...but how long. Nokia 808 Pureview user.

same issue on n97 mini  premium account , unable log in for last week

@Airstrikemike wrote:
Same problem for me. It would be nice if Spotify made a update for us.

this is marked as solution but it is not indeed

Same problem here. 

Tech support recommened uninstalling then re-installing. 

Did not work.

Still get the flashing green at the top trying to connect in wifi or 3g mode but no connection

It never connects to 3G any more- only to wifi once in a while, if your lucky when randomly trying to connect and disconnect. 

We await a solution please. Thanks Spotify

Same problem here.

I just bought new factory sealed Nokia E72 to add into my collection and after installing Spotify I can't log in.

If I log in using 3G it tries to log in and then goes back to login screen. If I login using WLAN, it logs in but there is no playlists and Spotify is in offline mode.

Edit:

I also noticed that when I go to Spotify settings and try to change the device password I get an error "unable to change password"

Also experiencing same issue with my older E72, haven't done anything to it, one day I was just unable to log in.

@bobrinton4512 wrote:

Same problem here. 

Tech support recommened uninstalling then re-installing. 

Did not work.

Still get the flashing green at the top trying to connect in wifi or 3g mode but no connection

It never connects to 3G any more- only to wifi once in a while, if your lucky when randomly trying to connect and disconnect. 

We await a solution please. Thanks Spotify

HOw did you manage to get in contact with tech support?
All i find is this forum.

As mentioned before i have also with nokia N8. i can't log in spotify account altough i enter the correct username and password. always it redirecting me main page. it asks me username/password.

Suggested posts