Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Is there a way to upload music to my google drive from spotify?

Solved!

Is there a way to upload music to my google drive from spotify?

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

ASUS Chromebook/ Motorola g7 plus

Operating System

(not sure)

My Question or Issue

Looking for a way to make a song from Spotify my ringtone, and it seems the way to do that is to download it to my Google Drive. But every website I check out tells me that it is otherwise impossible without their (self-proclaimed best) music converter for Apple or Windows. Unfortunately I don't have an Apple or a Windows product, I have a Chromebook. I'm not sure if this is the place to ask it and I'll figure it out if not, but is there any way to make my Spotify Music available on Google Drive?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @JunLH07!

Spotify stores downloaded content in such a way that it can only be accessed via the Spotify app. Even if you were to upload the data to your phone, it wouldn't be able to recognize it as a proper audio file, so you won't be able to set it as a ringtone.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hi @JunLH07!

Spotify stores downloaded content in such a way that it can only be accessed via the Spotify app. Even if you were to upload the data to your phone, it wouldn't be able to recognize it as a proper audio file, so you won't be able to set it as a ringtone.

Hope this clears things up. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts