Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Last saved songs disappear from library

Solved!

Last saved songs disappear from library

Hi!

Some songs disappear from the library. This happens with the songs that are the last saved. I have to look for it again and save it to my songs.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Barsik.

Thanks for getting back to us.

It's possible that something is up with your account. Would you mind creating a new account to see if that solves the issue?

No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your old username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. You’ll also need to cancel your subscription on your old account, in case you have a Premium account.

We hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @Barsik.

Thanks for getting in touch!

Does this happen across all your devices? Or is it just one particular device where this issue occurs. 

You could try reinstalling the app using these instructions. Be sure to log in using the same username on all your devices.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Yes, the songs are removed from all devices. And in the web player too. This happened with at least two songs in the last two weeks. When I went to the web player and found the song again, the check mark () disappeared. And then I had to add the song again. The songs disappeared a few days after the addition.

P.S. Sorry for my English)

Hey @Barsik.

You can save up to 10.000 items in your library. Could it be that you have reached this limit?

Keep in mind that the check mark can disappear next to a song but the song will still be in your library. An example is if you save a song from a playlist and then visit the album there might not be a check mark next to the song.

If you did reach the 10.000 limit, you can save additional music in playlists you create.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

I have about 700 songs. The songs disappeared from the library. The first time when the first song disappeared, I thought that I had unintentionally deleted it. But a few days later it happened again with another song. I even thought that I'm going crazy. Both songs at the time of the disappearance were the last saved ones. Maybe there was some kind of failure. I can’t see how the songs are gone. I ordered data file, maybe there is an answer to my question.

Marked as solution

Hey @Barsik.

It's possible that something is up with your account. Would you mind creating a new account to see if that solves the issue?

No worries, if you make sure your music collection is stored in public playlists, you can visit your old account with your new account and grab all your songs from there. You’ll be able to visit your old account by putting the following string in the search bar:  spotify:user:username

Don't forget to replace username with your old username. Oh and by the way, If you want to use the same email address for your new account, you'll have to close your old account. You'll have 7 days to visit your old account and find your music there. You’ll also need to cancel your subscription on your old account, in case you have a Premium account.

We hope you'd like to try this! It's a lot quicker than it might seem. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day!

Suggested posts