Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Last song on queue stops abruptly

Last song on queue stops abruptly

Hi,

I have a strange issue. Whenever I play music in my soundbar (Samsung QR70) through Spotify Connect, the last song in the queue always stops a few seconds before it is actually supposed to end.

I have tried Spotify Connect from many different devices (Windows Desktop, Linux Desktop, Android, and iOS) and it is always the same. So far I've solved this by always keeping something in the queue, but when I forget it's very annoying.

One thing I noticed, which could point to the source of the issue, is that there is a lag in the sound with respect to the progress bar I see on any of the apps. So, for example, I might see a new song starting in the app, but I'm still listening to the end of the previous track (this is a bad spoiler sometimes, but I can live with it). So my guess is that the app is sending a "stop" signal without a lag to the soundbar, stopping the playback which does have a lag.

Is there any hope of fixing this? Or do I have to make peace with always having a non-empty queue?

Thanks!

Gonzalo.

17 Replies

Hi Munoz, I have the same problem only on my Samsung soundbar (q96r). Whenever I play it in any other device, it works fine. I hope that Samsung fix the problem.

Hey there @g-munoz and @alancaster00

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. We'd be happy to help!

In this case we suggests you perform a clean reinstall of the app.

It would also be great if you could try with another internet connection to see if the issue persists.

Let us know how everything turned out after the troubleshooting. We're always one reply away 🙂

Cheers!

Hi,

I tried what you told me but didn't work out. I notice that when I am
playing music from a playlist it jumps to the next song 7 seconds before
the end of the song. However, when the last song is playing (or if I'm
playing a single song -not from a playlist -). It ends 7 seconds before the
end. It is very frustrating. It only happens using connect on my Samsung
soundbar q90r. When I use connect on any other device it works fine.

Best regards

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply. I did try a clean install of the app, I also tried:

- Different WiFi connections (I changed provider recently, and with both routers I tried 2.4 and 5 GHz)
- Different devices. At least 3 different Android devices, 2 Linux devices, and 2 different iOS devices.
- A few times from the Web Player using Chrome and Firefox.

And no luck.

I don't have the issue that alancaster00 has with the song jumping to the next in the playlist 7 seconds before. In my case, it is only the issue of the last song in the queue stopping a few seconds before it should.

Also, similar to alancaster00, this issue only happens when using Spotify Connect with my Samsung Soundbar Q70R. If another device is playing, no issue, and if I connect to the soundbar via Bluetooth, also no issue.

Best,
Gonzalo.

Hi Gonzalo,

I'm pretty sure that it is the same issue. I'm sorry that I didn't explain it correctly. 

If I play songs from a playlist, everything will play perfect until the last song. The last song will stop 7 seconds before the end. (Could you please see if it's also 7 seconds for you)

Also when I play songs from from the playlist all songs (except the last one) will play completely. However, the artist cover will change to the next song 7 seconds before ending, even though the previous current (last 7 seconds) is still playing. Fx if I listen to killers and the song last 1 minute, it will play the whole minute but at the second 53 the artist cover will change to oasis and it reset to song to the second 0 of Oasis, even though it is playing the last 7 seconds of killers.

The problem is only for the Samsung soundbar q90r. Any other connect device works great via wifi and Bluetooth.

Best regards.

Alan

Yes, it is the same then. Sorry, I thought you had an additional issue as well.

For me, the song stops around 4 seconds before it should, and there is also a lag with what I see in the progress bar. So I also see the song change in the phone app before I hear it in the soundbar.

It seems that when the phone app thinks the song is over, send a "stop" signal without any lag.

Let's hope this gets solved!

Best,

Gonzalo.

Hey there folks, 

Thanks for the detailed description of the problem. 

Could you try going into the mobile app's settings and switching On/Off the Gapless playback and Automix options and see if that has any effect on the behavior of the app when playing music on your Soundbar.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies.

Thanks.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your reply.

When using "Spotify Connect" with the soundbar, the Gapless playback and Automix options get grayed out, so I cannot modify it.

Best,

Gonzalo.

Same problem, song stops 7 seconds before the end on my samsung soundbar n850

Hey everyone,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop on this one.

We'd like to investigate this further - could share with us some details regarding your soundbar set-up? Are they connected to your TV or another device? Are they connected via an AUX cable, HDMI or Bluetooth and does the issue come up with different connection types?

Keep us posted, we'll bee on the lookout for your replies.

Mihail Moderator

The soundbar is connected to wifi directly and has spotify connect function. There’s an android tv box connected to the soundbar hdmi input as well and the soundbar is connected to the tv via hdmi out. The problem doesn’t happen if I use spotify connect on the android tv box or if I stream through chromecast. Whether the soundbar is connected to other devices or not doesn’t change anything. I tried resetting the soundbar to factory default, removed everything plugged on it, used my phone (s20), my pc, and an iPad to start the song and then select the soundbar on spotify connect didn’t change anything. Reinstalled all the apps as well but still the same problem. I want to stress this out that its only spotify connect on the Samsung soundbar that has the problem. My actual model is N850

Hey @mnm372,

We appreciate the thorough info you provided, thanks!

It points in the direction of latency issues over the internet network. Could you try it out with a different one, maybe a mobile hotspot and let us know if that makes a difference? 

We'd also like to troubleshoot for account-related causes. To that end if you could test a friend or family members account and see if you can replicate the issue, we'd really appreciate it.

We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator

Yes so the problem is still persists on different accounts and on different wifi network. My wifi router is located right next to the soundbar and is connected to a 1Gbps fiber broadband. I tried to connect the soundbar to a mobile hotspot as well but the results are the same. On all the different networks and account I tested, the spotify connect on the android TV all worked fine, only just the soundbar keeps having this problem

It seems that the problem is for the new Samsung line.

Hey @mnm372 and @alancaster00,

Thanks for your cooperation and patience with the troubleshooting.

We've gathered your feedback and passed it along to the right folks at out developer team. As we haven’t seen any similar posts about this, we feel this is most likely isolated to your device as @alancaster00 mentioned. We recommend keeping an eye out for future updates to the app, but can't set a specific timeframe for when this issue will be fixed. For now, we recommend contacting the device manufacturer for further help.

Hope this shines a bit of light on the matter. We'll be here if you have any other questions.

Mihail Moderator

Thank you very much. Indeed it's isolated to samsung soundbars I guess since the OP as well as alancaster00 all have different models but having the same problem. I already tried posting on the samsung community as well but support is a bit hard to find there. With the last test I did, i also noticed that if i start a song on the soundbar, as soon as I press play, the song timeline will jump 5-7sec ahead. When i press pause and then play, it will jump as well. So if I pause a song maybe 15 seconds before the end, when I press play again it will jump the 5-7 seconds and will play the song until the end

Thanks to all for your messages.

Just to confirm: I also tested many different connections, other accounts, and the problem persists. The problem only happens when using Spotify Connect with a WiFi connection. If I connect through Bluetooth everything works fine, wired connection as well.

I also did similar tests to mnm372 and experienced similar results. The WiFi network doesn't seem to have any latency issues, it's just this one app that doesn't work well.

Suggested posts