NEXT STEP

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany

Device

Amazon Alexa Echo Dot

My Question or Issue

I'm trying to play Spotify on the Amazon Alexa Echo Dot. For this I have to log in to the Alexa App with Spotify, but this is not working. Password is definitely correct. There is an error from Spotify like "something went wrong" but i do not know what, no more information. I have Premium, which is required in my location to play Spotify on Alexa. 

Any tips how I can log in with Spotify in to the Alexa App or how i can play Spotify on my Alexa Echo Dot?

3 Replies

Hey @Anna_Ro!

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community!

Could you give this a shot using a different connection and a different device?

It's also a good idea to reset your password here to sync things up in case that is causing the issue.

If you still have trouble, feel free to send us a screenshot of what you see, just make sure to cover any sensitive personal info.

Keep us in the loop.

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I faced the same problem. Clicking on the link from the Alexa app(Settings->Music & Podcasts->Link Spotify) opens up Spotify mobile app, but if I click on 'link Alexa' it shows an error 'something went wrong..log in required' (even though I'm already signed it). I found this workaround to link Spotify to Alexa.

1. Uninstall Spotify mobile app

2. In the Alexa app open Settings->Music & Podcasts->Link Spotify

3. Second step will open up the log-in page for Spotify in the browser now that the Spotify mobile app is uninstalled.

Hopefully, this fixes your problem!

Hey @RohanKrishna

Welcome to the Community and thank you for joining the conversation.

We appreciate the detailed step by step process you included in your post. Hopefully, this will help other users with similar issues.

In case you need anything else, remember that we're just a post away.

Cheers!

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts