Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Messaging not working on mobile app

Messaging not working on mobile app

So I have the mobile app on my phone, a Droid RAZR M, and my messages will not refresh, they are all from a few months ago. How would I fix this?

6 Replies

Hi there! The best course of action here would be to try a clean reinstallation of the application.

Give this a shot and let us know if it works. Cheers!

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

I've discovered that it is showing messages that contain shared music, and not messages with just text. Is this normal? And if so, why can you not have conversations over the mobile app like you can on the computer app

From what you're saying, it sounds like there is an issue with your particular situation,  I recommend reaching out directly to Spotify Support. They can be reached through their Twitter Page @SpotifyCares or through the online contact form

Make sure to check your inbox and junk folder for an email from Spotify. Once you get it, make sure to reply back right away, even if it says it's from a "no-reply" email. This will assign your case to a Spotify rep and you should hear back within 24 hours.

Cheers!

Thanks again, I will do this as soon as their online request forms are up, it says to wait 24 hours. I went on my ipod and it did the same. Are you sure I can receive all messages on the mobile app, or just ones that are linked with sent music? Because both are doing the same thing, despite being on different devices.

as far as I know, it should work everywhere. 

The inbox on the mobile applications is still the old inbox system, not the new messages system like on the desktop. That means that unfortunately this isn't a bug as the inbox screen was only designed to display tracks that have been sent to you, not the conversation view which is shown on the desktop.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Suggested posts