Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Developer] Tipping

[Mobile][Developer] Tipping

Let's face it, 9.99 for the wealth of artists you get on Spotify is insane value.

I sometimes feel guilty that the smaller, less played artists get missed in a fair share / decent share of Spotify Royalties or even supers fans that pay so little for the music they listen to. If Spotify had an option to tip for the music a user has listened to a lot with interactive prompts suggesting tipping and done through an easy click through to do so, through a Spotify payment system, I think it would boost revenue to artists/labels through a non-committed regular payment instead of raising prices. 

The "covid donations" dont work and aren't suggestive enough. If a user tips then gets messages on how the extra is helping support their favorite labels/ artists would make it a win, win for both consumer and provider. It has to be a fun interactive system, on the app.

4 Replies

Hey @Zebsta,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

We hope you don't mind us moving your post out of the ideas section to one of our Help boards as it fits better here.

That being said, we’d like to share with you that Artist Fundraising Pick has now grown and has been renamed as Fan Support.

Through partners like Cash App, GoFundMe, PayPal.me, and Mercado Pago, fans have the ability to directly support the artists they love as well as the causes that artists care about most with Fan Support.

Fans and artists now have more options for connecting and engaging on Spotify, whether it is through streaming royalties, merchandise, ticketing, live interaction, or direct support, thanks to the addition of Fan Support to Spotify for Artists' expanding array of monetization tools.

You can read more about it in this article

We hope you found this helpful. Let us know if you need anything else.

Cheers!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Users Should be able to donate one time or monthly to their favorite artists, this can be small amounts like 0.5$, 1$, 2$. Also users should be able to see what monthly donations they have and be able to cancel.

Tip Jar

Musicians struggle to survive. What if, with 2 clicks, we could send a dollar to an artist whose song we thought was great?

I listen to Spotify’s Discover Weekly every day, and save many of those songs to my playlists. But I never buy CDs or records anymore. I’d be happy to tip the musicians if it were easy. If many Spotify listeners did the same, that would make a life-changing difference in the lives of musicians.

So... what if Spotify put a gold button next to the names of living artists – and what if clicking on that button took you to a Tip Jar page, where you could send a dollar tip to that artist from your credit card, once you’d registered the card?

Not only would it help the musicians – it would also help Spotify’s image, because many of us listeners feel bad about how little the artists earn from the site.

I just read AlejaR's post above about Fan Support. So, I went hunting for that feature. After 15 minutes of searching on Spotify and then googling, I found out that you have to go to the artist's profile to find it. (I still haven't found an actual Fan Support badge.)

Short response: I think my suggestion makes much more sense. Put that button right there next to the artist's name. Make it easy for the user, and you'll help the musicians much more. 

Suggested posts