Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My band's follower count shows a different number to me than other people who view it

Solved!

My band's follower count shows a different number to me than other people who view it

Very strange. I look at my band's follower count and it has been stuck on 67 for the past 3 weeks. My bandmate looks at the follower count and it shows 101 and still growing. What up wit dat? I have tried logging out and in, veiwing on App, Safari, Chrome, etc. The first screenshot is what I see, the second is what my bandmate sees. Any ideas or other people running into this problem? Honestly, it isn't a huge deal, but I would like to know when we have hit 250 followers and can become "verified" by Spotify. Then I can die a peaceful death...

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 4.08.15 PM.pngimage.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @acobberson,

The follower count difference is most likely just because of a simple cache issue 🙂 It's nothing to worry about.

I got some good news for you! To get verified and get a blue check mark on your profile, you’ll need to get access to Spotify for Artists. Once Spotify confirms who you are and give you access, you’re all set.

You no longer need to fill out a separate form and you no longer need 250 followers. Verification is now available for all artists.

It may take a few weeks for your blue check mark to appear on your profile.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @acobberson,

The follower count difference is most likely just because of a simple cache issue 🙂 It's nothing to worry about.

I got some good news for you! To get verified and get a blue check mark on your profile, you’ll need to get access to Spotify for Artists. Once Spotify confirms who you are and give you access, you’re all set.

You no longer need to fill out a separate form and you no longer need 250 followers. Verification is now available for all artists.

It may take a few weeks for your blue check mark to appear on your profile.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

MaximSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Excellent! Haha, oddly enough I just checked our page again, and we've been verified! Blue check mark and all. Thanks for the info!

Suggested posts