Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not getting Email Notifications

Not getting Email Notifications

For some reason I'm not getting any email notifications from Spotify.  I've checked my spam folder and my settings in my profile, but I am deifnitely not receiving the notifications.  Anyone know what I can do to fix this, or is there an admin who can check into my account?

-Neil
(Spotify: nulall)
13 Replies

Hey 🙂 

Are you getting notifications in the application? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Peter, thanks for the quick response.  I actually get a plethora of notifications in the application (I wish I could turn some of them off, but that's another post, and I've already weighed in there).  This was part of what made me realize my email notifications were definitely not working.

-Neil

Sorry if this is a monumental stupid question but I have to ask 😉 

Is your email address definitely set correctly in your online profile

Be aware only certain notifications will get emailed to you, appears for me to be new followers and other "important updates" like playlists I listen to often etc. 

Peter

Peter

No worries Peter, it's a legitimate question.

But yeah, my email address is definitely set correctly.  I get my Spotify news emails, just not the notifications.  And I've checked the settings on the notifications; though I do have some of them turned off, I'm not getting the ones that I have turned on.

Thanks,

Neil

-Neil

Alright Neil, 

I have escalated this issue to the community staff to investigate a little closer for you, since it would appear something isn't quite right here! Hopefully someone will pick up my escalation request shortly for you 😉 

Peter

Peter

Awesome.  Thanks!

-Neil

Out of curiosity, what do the newsletter emails you're getting from Spotify look like? Also, it's worth turning on the "new follower" notification on your account overview, waiting 24 hours, then getting someone to Follow you. The ones you do have ticked, for example "activity from friends" can be unreliable. I know the Follow ones are definitely working though.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Adam,

I'm not sure how to describe the newsletter emails that I'm getting. It's usually a weekly email with new releases, suggested playlists, and some "top tracks".

I currently do have the new follower notifications turned on (with the once daily email notification option) and have gotten many followers since having it turned on without any email notifications.

-Neil

Hmm, on our system the 'new follower' notification is currently at Never. Mind if we change that to test with?

Please go ahead

-Neil

@nulall wrote:
Please go ahead

Okay, all done. It might take a few hours so try waiting a little while then getting someone to Follow a public playlist of yours (having some Unfollow and re-Follow should be fine).

Adam,
So it looks like that worked.  Ideally, I'd like to only have the follower notifications once daily, but I guess that's not an option.  I changed that one back to "Never" because it would get overwhelming very quickly.  I apologize - apparently, I was thinking of the "People subscribe to your playlists" setting - which I do have set as once daily but am not receiving those updates.

Also, I have the following set to "Immediately" but am not receiving them at all (unless what I thought was the Spotify news is actually just the new album release notification):

"A playlist I subscribe to is updated , There's activity from friends , Radio station suggestions , Recommendations & Suggestions , New album release"

For reference, I'm attaching a screenshot of my current settings from https://www.spotify.com/us/account/profile/

-Neil
Edit_your_profile_-_Spotify.png

Also, just as a point of clarification, the same user followed a playlist of mine and then followed me and I only received the email notification that he was following me. I received no email regarding him following my playlist (which is the one I have set to once daily).

-Neil

Suggested posts