Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Nuclear Blast unavailable

Nuclear Blast unavailable

Since yeterday I'm not able to play most of Nuclear Blast albums. The error message is either "song is unavailable" or "song is unavailable in your country". This includes all Eluveitie albums, Toumas Holopainen - Lise and times of Scrooge, and probably some others (finding them as we speak, Epica seems fine, if their Spotofy collection is rather small, if it should include most of their albums, they're gone for me as well - I don't have them saved in my library, so I can't even see them enymore).

Can anyone tell me what is going on?

BTW, my country is Poland.

EDIT: inb4 clear chache: tried Windows client, android and web player. All the same.

190 Replies

I doubt you would find it at other streaming services, as it's an issue at the distributor (Nuclear Blast), and not Spotify.

Contacted NB about this and this is what they said: 

Screenshot_2018-03-27-20-30-59.png

Here in the USA. Several artists/albums unavailable:

Nightwish all the way up to Dark Passion Play

Sonata Arctica all the way up to Reckoning Night and including Unia and the re-recorded first album. 

Hammerfall Legacy of Kings

After Forever albums

I don't think NBlast US knows what is going on. 

Fear Factory's Genexus also missing .

Fear Factory - Genexus, Mechanize, The Industrialist , all been missing for more than 2 weeks

Hi everyone!

It seems that the same thing is happening here in Brazil.

Beyond the Red Mirror by Blind Guardian, Ecliptica, Unia and Pariah's Child by Sonata Artica, Heroes by Sabaton and others are missing completely or partialy.

Intially I've thought it was another region-related problem, but now I see that all of you are having the same issue. Gives me hope that it will be fixed soon at least =P

Yeah, I was missing the BG albums as well. Really wanna listen The Ninth Gate again 😞

It's not just Spotify either, last time I checked genexus was missing from the Google Play Store as well.

For Today's last album, the latest two Origin albums and the latest two Decrepit Birth albums are gone as well. Sucks haha. 

This is sad. Early Eluviette is now gone

Some Epica albums appear to have disappeared as of ~yesterday.  Boo.

Has Nuclear blast adressed this at all or are theu just keeping us in the dark? 

It looks like we are being kept in the dark. No official statement
anywhere. Again this is a very poor method to treating your clients. In
todays market this is the only way to consume media especially metal
music. Ver sad and frustrating.

Not to mention how fun it is to try and convince your friends to try Spotify but then have to explain to them "oh and also sometimes the most important albums of a band's entire discography will disappear without warning."

I still miss Rammstein's album Liebe ist für alle da, Frühling in Paris was amazing.

that is absolutely true. it is sad to see the rest of technology advance
while media is at the behest of the stage owner. I just realized that
Rammstein album is gone :(.

We should protest this on the NB facebook or twitter or something just to
voice this. I am very disappointed in the NB management for leaving us
dedicated consumers in the dark as they are doing.

I will be pleasantly surprised if they respond. I've written NB numerous times to inquire about licensing, but like all publishers, it's like talking to the wall. 

But I agree, we should protest on their social media, at least to let them know the public is watching. I mean it's not like we're throwing Spotify under the bus because this is across ALL digital platforms. 

Will do. I want to write on their fb and possibly write to the artists
themselves.

The artists probably wouldn't care that it's not on Spotify, they barely make pocket change from it. Google Play and iTunes maybe because they are direct purchasing platforms but not Spotify. The artists themselves make almost no money on their music unless you buy the album or the songs directly.

Speaking of iTunes, has anyone checked if the previously-mentioned NB albums have disappeared from Apple as well?

Yes theyre also off of itunes in the usa.

the LIFAD thing was because of Universal's deal with streaming platforms. It's BS but Spotify can't do anything about it unless Universal gives the OK 😞

Suggested posts