Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Old podcast episodes show up as added ‘today’ in ‘New Episodes’ feed

Old podcast episodes show up as added ‘today’ in ‘New Episodes’ feed

• In ‘New Episodes’ for podcasts on iOS, I constantly (!) get shown podcast episodes that were allegedly added ‘today’ but that are in reality much much older. 

This often happens for 3-7 episodes shown as added today that I either already listened to or seen 2 weeks+ before. 

Here is an example. The episode ‘Meta’ of the podcast The Bootstrapped Web appeared as added today on the New Episodes feed although it was first added 6 days ago when I also listened to it. It shows as added ‘today’ on both the ‘New Episodes’ and the podcast page. That it is older can also be verified by checking the RSS feed of the podcast: https://bootstrappedweb.com/feed/podcast

This issue has been around for months. Is this a bug or are these podcast publishers somehow gaming the system by updating their episode’s launch date to appear on top of the ‘New Episodes’ feed?

This is very annoying and confusing. I started subscribing to the podcasts on Apple Podcasts to get an accurate feed.

Thanks for looking into this!

Plan: Premium

Device: iPhone 12 Pro

Operating System: iOS

1B42CCAB-FABB-4599-B6AA-BE9239E6218C.jpeg

AEB758A4-9DEE-4D92-99B7-72BE503A26DD.jpeg

82C80838-2D3D-4D75-8BF4-27514EA0F1F7.jpeg

IMG_8672.jpg
IMG_8671.jpg
IMG_8670.jpg
3 Replies

Hey @since2011,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community and flagging it with us.

First of all, we'd recommend running a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your phone. Please follow this guide and remove all app data completely before reinstalling. Corrupted app data can sometimes cause issues like this one.

You should also log out everywhere and back in twice in a row. This might sound strange, but it will force sync your account with the servers.

If none of this help, please send us a link to the podcast, so we can check it backstage. Asking for this, as sometimes content differs between countries.

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Thank you for your message. 

This didn’t help unfortunately. 
I shared the links in the original post. Please have a look. 
Another example: https://open.spotify.com/episode/2kv0767SE5pHBYXJHLcPMA?si=X-euhocWQx6EES_OprLV4Q

This episode was released last week but shows up on your website/platform as added today. 

Thanks

Hey @since2011,

Thanks for the info.

We checked and we can confirm that this could happen when an episode gets reuploaded. 

Hope this sheds some light on the matter. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts