Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Onkyo problems

Solved!

Onkyo problems

Since weeks I am unable to use Spotify on my Onkyo reciever (709). The issue is that I can login, but all my playlists are empty.

In the past a (some) factory reset(s) helped, but not anymore. There seem to be multiple people  with this problem as can be read on:

https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/onkyo_spotify_problem

https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/playlists_empty_using_onkyo_709_receiver_app

https://getsatisfaction.com/spotify/topics/onkyo_receivers_not_playing_spotify

I contacted Onkyo support some time ago and they pointed to Spotify (although I think the problem is in the Onkyo).

Recently the Onlyo support does not even respond anymore.

Perhaps someone at Spotify can poke the Onkyo people?

109 Replies

I have just got Spotify back.

Not sure how, but this is what I did,

Changed the network settings to disable DHCP and Network control.

Disconnect from mains.

Switch on and the NET initialisation starts.

Go to Spotify and it worked.

Reset DHCP and Network control to ON.

Dont know how this made it work.

I will keep testing over he next few days

I tried the same...without success. However your post made me think it might be someting network related. I use my Onkyo with a wireless connection (using UWF-1). I decided to unplugg the UWF and connect the Onkyo with a wired ethernet cable. Result: my playlists have returned and it works. 

Having the wired connection isnt a real solution as I have no permanent cable available.

But I removed the ethernet cable, and switched back to the wireless UWF and it still works 🙂

So I am happy for the moment. I will see how long it lasts now.

I do think it is Onkyo that is in fault here...

I use a wired connection.

I have had a number of occasions when the onkyo loses the network connection.
The only foolproof way I have discovered of getting it back is to disconnect the mains power for 30 seconds or so.

It doesnt seem to be very stable at all.

I also have a WD TV live streaming media player which has spotify, amongst other services. That ever fails to connect, Spotify is very stable on that device.

I will keep you posted with any future issues

Hi, I have a Onkyo 609, Spotify is working fine, but i`m wondering ; why arent there any shuffle funktion like the one on my computer ??

Guess what...today I tried again: problem is back. Again all playlists are empty.

Plugging the wired in did again resolve the issue...but this is not someting I can do every day...

What a bummer.

It's really anoying when you can't tie down the problem to a specific thing.

The network side of the Onkyo is certaily not as it should be.

Marked as solution

Hi, I have just the TXNR509 and was trying to login with my spotify account details -  this is incorrect, you need to set up a device password - spotify generates a unique number for you, that is your login username, spotify will send you a link to click on and then you can set up your own password to match the login username number that you have been sent - once that is confirmed, then go to spotify on your AV system, use the number that was sent to you as your username and then enter the password you created - hey presto it should work. You can use that number and password for any AV device that you have. Good Luck.

Also, i suggest downloading the Oremote app - it is much much better than the Onkyo one (you do have to pay for it) but it's interface on the iphone and ipad makes it so much easier to manage tracks and playlists.

Does this require a premium subscription as well?

I've been struggling to get Spotfiy to work on my 709.

Yes you need a premium subscription. But even then some people (like myself) have no luck and it simly doesnt work.

I have a TXNR609 and this solution works! thanks for posting. Spotify needs to make this clear and easy to locate.

unable to login, error...

Onkyo TX-NR609

Using 10 digit username and password i set, shows login error...

@hiir21 wrote:

unable to login, error...

Onkyo TX-NR609

Using 10 digit username and password i set, shows login error...

How long ago did you set your device password? 

From reading other community members posts it can take up to 24 hours for the login to be recognised. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

less than 24h ago, but i can login to spotify site with that username and password, just onkyo says error.

This is truly frustrating. Anytime there is some Facebook nonsence, I have to deal with login issues. The Spotify apps and site all allow resetting of pw and instant access but no Onkyo access. This whole NET area of Onkyo is suspect, but I'd like to know for sure if this is a Spotify issue or an Onkyo.

Same issue here.

Cannot connect on spotify since few weeks.

Nothing to report, no uptade, premium account, no facebook.

If this is not fix this month, i will close my acoount.

Hi,

how do i get this unique Number? i looked it up in the User-Options, but no effort....

regards..

Hello all together.

I have also a Problem with my NR TX 414.  But it is al little bit different. My current playlist in the pc app and the web app are not the same like the list of the Av Receiver. Also the android playlist (Smartphone and Tablet) is right but not the receiver. The plalists are older and some playlist are not there.

I have connected my spotify user again an i have set my receiver on factory def. but it didn't solve the problem. Any ideas?

Greatings Oli

Hi,

i had contact to the german Spotify-Support and they told me, to try to reset the password of my hole spotify account, i couldn't try this already, because i'm on holiday at the moment, but you could try.

I don't know whether it works or not, but i have exactly the same problem with my TX-NR717, the content of some playlists is sometimes up to date, but already deleted playlists on my iphone or mac, still appear in the reciever.... and some new playlists don't, or it lasts several weeks....

regards

High Soda.
I tried it a few minutes ago but it didn't solve the problem.

Regards Oliver

Suggested posts