Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

PS4 app "Error connecting to playstation network"

Solved!

PS4 app "Error connecting to playstation network"

I tried to upgrade my free Spotify account to a student premium account (that is linked to my PS4) but it wouldn't work so the Spotify team suggested they free up my email address so I can create a new account. 

I created the new account and then Spotify deleted my old account.  I'm now unable to access Spotify on either my PS4 or PS3.  I assume I needed to sign out first but I wasn't told this.  I've tried leaving the PS4 at that screen then trying to use 'Spotify connect' to send music to the PS4 but this also doesn't work.

I've also uninstalled and reinstalled.  I just don't understand why there isn't a sign out option so I can sign in using my new account details. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Did as you suggested and it work opened the Spotify app on my phone and connected to my ps4 and it worked immediately the error cleared and loaded

Thanks for this 🙂

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

I've finally figured this out! This solution will unlink the current Spotify account from your Playstation Network, and then allows you to re-set up the app with the desired credentials. Try this:

1. Log out of Playstation’s Network from the Playstation.
2. Follow this link on a computer or any device other than the Playstation. https://link.playstationmusic.com/spotify/details
3. After logging in, select the ‘Unlink’ hyperlink to unlink the old Spotify account from the Playstation Network account.
4. Log back in to Playstation’s Network from the Playstation and open the Spotify app.
5. You will then be asked to enter your login credentials for the new account.

After many frustrating hours and unsuccesful communication with Spotify and Sony, this solved my issue. I hope this works for anyone else having the same issue. Good luck!

Marked as solution

@tenaciousb83 wrote:

I've finally figured this out! This solution will unlink the current Spotify account from your Playstation Network, and then allows you to re-set up the app with the desired credentials. Try this:

2. Follow this link on a computer or any device other than the Playstation. https://link.playstationmusic.com/spotify/details
3. After logging in, select the ‘Unlink’ hyperlink to unlink the old Spotify account from the Playstation Network account.
4. Log back in to Playstation’s Network from the Playstation and open the Spotify app.

After many frustrating hours and unsuccesful communication with Spotify and Sony, this solved my issue. I hope this works for anyone else having the same issue. Good luck!

@Thanks @tenaciousb83! My Spotify has been stuck showing that error message for the last 6 months.

I ran into trouble unlinking Spotify from my PS4 on step 2. After signing in, the page was stuck displaying a message of "Please Wait...". I thought it was a browser issue, but it also happened in Safari, Chrome and Firefox.

If you're also seeing "Please Wait..." message, contact Playstation's Live Chat and ask them to unlink your Spotify account for you. That finally got mine up and running.

Marked as solution

TRY THIS IF ANYTHING ELSE HAS FAILED!

In this Spotify support documentation you can read:

Note: If you created your Spotify account with Facebook, you can use Spotify on PlayStation® via Spotify Connect

That's why the solutions here say to use the smartphone app to launch the PS3 app.

You probably created your Spotify account with Facebook and this is the source of the error.

But I had problems with Spotify Connect too, so that's what I did:

- go to my spotify account and set a password to login with username and password

- go to my facebook.com, go to app settings, remove spotify app.

- go here and unlink PSN and Spotify

- launch the Spotify app on the PS3, and then do login with username and password.

Got it! Thanks Sony, Facebook and Spotify for this amazing experience...

Marked as solution

Thanks a lot it worked

62 Replies

No one?

What is the case number from your support email? Post it here (8 digit number)

You may need to contact Playstation directly. Twitter's the best way to do so (@AskPlayStation)

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm having the same exact issue. I contacted playstation and they told me to email Spotify, I emailed spotify and spotify told me to call playstation. Very, very frustrated.

I wanted to update this to say its now working.  I'm not sure why as I've not tried anything differently from what I tried prevously.

If you run into this, you can get around it by using another device to send the music to the PS4 when the PS4 error screen is present.  However, it will still error if you don't do this and just load the app on the PS4.

When the app is loaded on the PS4, I then logged out and tried logging in, but it showed the same error.  However, a couple days ago, I tried again out of pure frustration and it worked!  It then asked me if I wanted to link the accounts.

All is good now.

Hmm... Spotify connect isn't working for me at all. When I open the Spotify app on my PS4, and open Spotify on my computer, the computer doesn't see it. The two accounts are on the same email and everything.

Hey guys,

Welcome to the Community.

@Michael_3001 it's great to hear that everything is working fine for you now.

@mwaitt7, if you're still having issues with your account, just reply back to the last email from our Support team. They'll take a closer look.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks!

I had same issue with my PS3 and I found solution in other topic of this forum. Before starting Spotify application, try to log out from PSN. Then run application. It looks that it works. It looks that problem is with logging in of Spotify application if you are already logged in because of starting of console.

Hey all,

I wanted to add to this thread (I'm also on PS4).

I have a feeling it has something to do with the premium service.

I accepted the free trial of premium on my phone and since then, I haven't been able to login to my PS4.

I'm able to get into the application via my phone (https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/#!/article/trouble-logging-into-spotify-ps) but I haven't changed my password so it has nothing to do with my password.

I've uninstalled/installed the app but I cannot login except through Connect on my phone (Desktop works fine).

Has anyone at Spotify figured out what the issue is?

Is it related to upgrading to the premium service (Has anyone checked this?)

Is anyone else running into issues on their PS4 after using the premium service?

Thanks!

Martysed you are a bloody legend people go sign out of psn and while your there turn auto sign in off....go back to spotify voila...its because there is a bug that spotify tries to re sign in and gets blocked so just sign in from the spotify screen

So ive been using spotify on my ps4 forever ive been premium for about a year idk what the issue is right now but id appreciate it if it worked cuz thats what i have premium for right are there any fixes or whats the deal
Marked as solution

Did as you suggested and it work opened the Spotify app on my phone and connected to my ps4 and it worked immediately the error cleared and loaded

Thanks for this 🙂

Million thanks for the workaround. 

I can do what you guys said on the phone and listen to on ps4 but when I click the app on ps4 it just says this someone help I live spotify and ps4 compatibility... thanks in advance
1479916273612-179574639.jpg

I am still getting this message every time I try and open Spotify "Error connecting to playstation network" Please try again later.

This has been going on for moths now and I have been in-touch with Spotify and Playstation and it hasn't been solved yet.... 

I have read loads of threads on how people have fixed this problem and I have tried them all and still no further forward. 

The only way I can connect to Spotify is through my MAC and my phone and I can connect them both to the PS4, but still can't run the Spotify App on ps4 without an error message. 

Any other suggestions on how I could fix this or will there be an up-date to fix this problem? Spotify????

Cheers 

It's annoying cause I lost listening to music whilst playing games. They
spoiled our fun.
Marked as solution

Nice 1, cheers mate.. worked a treat!

I tried doing this but once I log in I get a "please wait"on the screen and nothing happens

I have the same issue. It's quite frustrating. 😕

Suggested posts