Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[PlayStation 3] "Sorry, there appears to be a problem connecting. Please try again later."

[PlayStation 3] "Sorry, there appears to be a problem connecting. Please try again later."

Plan

Free/Premium

Country

Australia

Device

(PlayStation 3

Operating System

(CellOS)

My Question or Issue

The PlayStation 3 version of Spotify has not been functional for nearly the last month. Attempting to open the app results in an error message stating the following:

"Sorry, there appears to be a problem connecting. Please try again later."

This issue prevents Spotify from working on the PlayStation 3. Many of us still use the system to listen to music through your streaming platform. Many others have also reported this issue on reddit as seen here. I myself have 2 PlayStation 3 systems, and both of these exhibit the same issue when trying to use the Spotify App. The app has also been reinstalled on both systems as well, and both are fully up to date with the latest version of the Spotify app, as well as the latest version of the PS3 system software.

I hope this issue will be resolved, I understand the PS3 is an aging platform but it is still the primary way many of us enjoy Spotify, I also found a similar issue occurred in 2020 and was also fixed so I hope this issue will eventually be addressed as well, and that Spotify will continue to function on the PlayStation 3 system. Thanks

knnp61c6cgbb1.jpg
36 Replies

Hello there, no news?

Hi all,

We would like to thank you for your posts here and for choosing Spotify for your listening needs on PlayStation 3. 

However, to ensure that Spotify offers the best experience on their supported platforms, the Spotify app on Playstation 3 has been discontinued. We appreciate you using Spotify on your PlayStation 3 and hope to see you via one of the other ways of accessing Spotify soon. 

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Support or visit our Support site for more information.

Thank you for being Spotify users and valuable part of our Community!

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Streaming Spotify through my PS3 was the only way I had to listen to the service through my home stereo. They appear to have completely removed access to it, as I can't even connect/control it through my phone or laptop on the PS3 anymore. Very disappointed, will NOT be renewing my Premium account, so they've lost a customer. Bad decision on their part, if you ask me...

Hi. Reading you today. I felt scared, so I jump off my bed and I turned on my ps3, my analog amplifier too and I opened my Spotify app on my phone. I did what I've been doing these days and It works. Forget about the connection message on ps3. Just leave it there. Link your Spotify app from your phone and choose ps3 and you'll see that it works. The only thing is that you won't get any picture from your ps3. Just use your phone.

I tried the phone/laptop thing & it worked for a few days, but I don't think that that's even working any longer, my PS3 doesn't show up on my phone or laptop in order to link to it anymore. Let me know if it's working for you, please?

Im testing it now. It is september 26, 00:35 (Argentine hour). It works. I did what I said before. I use the Spotify app with my Moto g31 android phone and I play any song, I click over the cellphone icon and I change it for my ps3. It plays. It works. 

Tell me about you doing it. I hope you can.

Hi, could you connect Spotify again with your ps3???

No Spotify supported on PS3 anymore. Sony sent a email about Spotify not being supported anymore since September on PS3. I had to buy a second hand PS4 and I recovered Spotify application.

You know i can still use it. With a black screen but it works. My Spotify session on my ps3 was already open before the error appeared. Im glad you bought a ps4. The problem is that ps4 doesn't have analog audio output and I'd need it for my analog amp. 

Até hoje esse erro ocorre no meu ps3

Hi this problem still continues and yes people still use ps3 like they still use iphone x and can continue using youtube on their iphone x however youtube doesnt do the same thing

I would still like to be able to use the PS3 to play Spotify music.  Please re-enable this service!  Thx.

Yes this problem still remains but i control spotify on my ps3 witn my android phone though the screen is black or reading this error. 

Update: still doesn’t work like it should but you can still connect with your phone, just ignore the black screen

I'm also having the same problem!

Hey Spotify, make it work again in PS3

Starting Spotify on ps3 -> logging into PSN -> connection error, try again later
I'm able to play music through my ps3 through Spotify connect, but the app on my ps3 won't display anything but a black screen

Suggested posts