Player keeps stopping

Player keeps stopping

Gus50310
Casual Listener

Hi

The Spotify player will not play though a complete song. At this point stops and will not continue on the first song selected.  Running Windows 8.1 with Foxfire.   In Explorer the song lists do not even show up.

4 Replies

Erkan_Yılmaz
Community Legend

Could it be you have some browser extensions/plugins that interfere? (1)

I guess trying a 3rd browser is too much effort for you? e.g. chrome?

Which browser versions are you using?

(1) I think it's not firewall/antivirus related, or the site wouldn't load ?

Gus50310
Casual Listener

I am using Firefox and that has worked fine in the past.  With Internet Explorer for some reason all the songs in playlist is not displayed.  Trying a another browerser would not be too much effort but Firefox is the browser I use so Spotify needs to play nice with it.

The site loads fine and a song will start to play but then just stops

Thanks    

Dreadlord
Community Legend

@Gus50310 wrote:

I am using Firefox and that has worked fine in the past.  With Internet Explorer for some reason all the songs in playlist is not displayed.  Trying a another browerser would not be too much effort but Firefox is the browser I use so Spotify needs to play nice with it.

The site loads fine and a song will start to play but then just stops

Thanks    

It sounds more like connection issue.

If I were you, I would check here :

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Newcomers-and-Contribution/Troubleshooting-connection-issues/td-p/1...

What is your maximum connection ( upload and download ) speed?

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution!
Twitter | Website |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

Gus50310
Casual Listener

It will continue playing when I try Explorer so thinking connection speed is OK.  Have a play list display problem with Explorer but since I don't use Explorer regularly have not looked into that problem.   Foxfire is what I want Spotify to work with....Thanks.

SUGGESTED POSTS