Premium

Country

United States

Device

Chromebook

Operating System

Version 80.0.3987.162

My Question or Issue

I am on my web player, and it does not let me change my playlist cover. I was reading other people's problems with this, and they said there should be a pencil over the cover when you hover it. For me, there is not. When I click edit playlist, the cover doesn't even show up, just the songs. Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 2.41.55 PM.pngScreenshot 2020-04-09 at 2.42.12 PM.png

Here is the screen shots, so you can help resolve this issue. 

5 Replies

Sometimes, Spotify takes up to 24 hours for the change to occur. Wait 24 hours. If the new picture still doesn't appear, try it again or update the app.

The problem is that it doesn't give me the option to change the picture in the first place. I have been trying to get a new picture for about 3 weeks, but nothing is changing. I then reinstalled the app this morning, and a couple of days ago I had updated it. Nothing changed.

Have you called customer service? If the waiting 24 hours nor the update aren't working, that would be my next step.

I have not, but I will try that. Thank you for helping.

Hey there @taylorolew,

Just wanted to jump in here to let you know that the playlist cover can only be changed on the Desktop app.

Looking at your screenshots it seems that you're using the mobile app on your Chromebook. This would explain why you're having trouble seeing the edit features.You can read more about using Spotify on your Chromebook here.

If this is something you'd like to be able to do in the mobile app, you can consider adding your +VOTE to this idea. The Community team is actively bringing your feedback to the internal teams at Spotify - check how here

Hope we were able to shed some light on the situation. Give us a shout if you have any other questions 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts