Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Please bring Spotify back to Roku!

Please bring Spotify back to Roku!

It's been four months since Spotify was removed from Roku - we were told that a new app would be made to replace the existing one. When can we expect the new app? You can't just leave us in the dark... communicate with your customers! 

5 Replies

Hey @Lauraunseen,

Welcome to the community!

As Spotify looks to improve the overall experience, they removed the app from Roku TV systems on December 22nd, 2017. Spotify hopes to have a better version of the app on these devices in future. 

For more information, and for other ways to stream to Spotify to your TV, check out this support article. You can also let Spotify know that you'd like to see this back by voting for this idea.

Let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day 🙂

NoahSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Frankly, I find this response ridiculous.  I've owned Rokus for seven years and have been a Spotify subscriber for nearly as long or longer. A lot of garage sites have Roku channels. Pandora, YouTube, and Slaker, for example, have very robust Roku channels. It can't be that hard. We've been asking for a better Spotify Roku channel for years and one at all for more than four months. It's time that Spotify listens to its customers. I may have to give up and go with Apple Music on my Apple TV. It's very frustrating to have a company simply ignore its paying customers' desires.

If there is a problem with getting a good experience through Roku, Spotify owes us at least an explanation. If there is not, it's time to give us what many have demanded for years.

I signed up for Spotify so that I could use it on my Roku. The old app was admittedly a joke, but obviously no app at all is worse.

How can a company as big as Spotify not manage to put together a usable app for one of the most popular media devices on the market? You should be legitimately ashamed.

My guess is either Spotify or Roku is holding out for more money. Maybe both. Sort of like a game of chicken except they're running away from each other.

Hey there folks,

The Roku TV app should be now available again 🙂

To log into Roku you can do so with any of the following methods:

1. Log in via Spotify Connect
  2. Log in via Pin Pairing
  3. Set a password through the Spotify password reset form and log in with your email address and Spotify password.

Hope this helps! 

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts