Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Podcast Video buffering indefinitely on Xbox One

Podcast Video buffering indefinitely on Xbox One

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Xbox One

Operating System

Xbox One

My Question or Issue

When I play a podcast that has video on my Xbox, the video only plays for 10-15 seconds and then I get the 3 dot buffering screen and it will stay like this indefinitely. If I minimize Spotify and go back to the home screen the audio starts playing instantly, but when I maximize Spotify to watch the video it freezes after a few seconds. I've uninstalled and redownload the app a few times. This has been going on for over a week. Has this happened to anyone else? Any tips on a fix?

35 Replies

Hey @CosmicRay,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

You can try to restart your router or try connecting your Xbox to another network, like a mobile hotspot from your phone.

This will help check whether this issue is network related at all.

If that doesn't make a difference, let us know if this is happening on for specific episodes/ shows or on every podcast you try playing.

Keep us in the loop.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm having the same exact problem. I'm trying to watch Joe Rogan and it's impossible. My speed test on my phone says 80mbps, on my Xbox one it's 30mbps.  No problem whatsoever with YouTube and Netflix. It's only started happening the past few days. 

Hi @Olaf7,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We'd like to investigate this further, so please let us know if this happens with any video podcast you try to play or if it only happens with Joe Rogan's.

Also, could you try reinstalling the Spotify app on your Xbox and check if that makes a difference? 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator

As far as I know this is only happening on the Joe Rogan podcast. I've
tried a few things to resolve this. I have already tried signing out of all
my accounts. I logged on to my Spotify account via PC and clicked on the
sign out everywhere button and waited an hour and a half for everything to
log out everywhere. I've also tried uninstalling the app on my Xbox several
times. I've also uninstalled it and completely removed it from its power
and internet source for a few minutes. I'm not sure what else to do but it
still won't work. It'll play the video fine for a few seconds and then
it'll start buffering. But if I go back to the home screen on Xbox and
leave the Spotify app running in the background the sound will start
playing immediately like nothing's wrong.

Hey @CosmicRay,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you try connecting your Xbox to another network, like a mobile hotspot and let us know if you're experiencing the same issue.

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Alex

this is an issue with the Xbox app specifically. I’ve tried a different network, reinstalling the app, many users on Reddit are having the same issue. Started 1-2 months ago, prior to that was working perfectly. 
Thanks

This is also happening to me. Using xbox series x. Network is perfect. Seems like Joe Rogan is being downgraded for some reason. Making it unusable. Almost like they don't want people to be able to watch Rogan all of a sudden. 

Have the same problem on a Samsung Q9F tv. Plays the first 10-15 secs of JRE in a low resolution and then get the buffering dots.  Played another video podcast (not JRE) and had no problems.  I did play through my Windows laptop to the TV and worked till the battery ran low.  I then tried the Samsung tv app again and it picked up and played the rest of the video fine in high resolution.  Maybe a problem going to a higher resolution after it senses my bandwidth is fine?

I tried it in another network and it still doesn't work. I'm currently on a
wired FiOS connection fyi. I've tried it on multiple different WiFis also.

Spotify is Censoring Joe Rogan's podcast, I am able to watch every other video on Spotify with no problem, but the JRE has been throttled down so much I cannot watch it, the video starts to play then freezes, this is on a 100 Mbps connection while hard-wired.  Everyone should cancel their Spotify memberships after this blatant censorship.

Reach out to everyone you know, let's stop this censorship. 

I wonder if Joe knows he is being censored?

I have tried rebooting my router,modem,xbox, clearing cache , reinstalling, nothing works. This is clearly an error on spotifys end as there are many other users experiencing it. Please Fix this ASAP before I cancel.

Hey folks,

Thanks for the info.

Could you please share with us the following if you haven't already? We'll look into this further.

• Device + OS version
  • Exact Spotify version that is running on your device
  • Your country
  • The network provider
  • Video recording of the issue
  • Does this happen when you try changing the video quality/disabling videos?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator

I'm using version 2.23.23.70 on an Xbox One. I've never tried to change the
video quality or to shut the video off. It happens whenever I try to watch
The Joe Rogan podcast. When the video does play the quality is very poor,
and only plays for a few seconds and then it starts buffering. It'll stay
in that buffering screen indefinitely. But at any point in time I can
minimize the app so I can't see the video anymore and the audio will start
playing with no problem.

• Device + OS version  > Xbox Series X
  • Exact Spotify version that is running on your device  > 2021.12.13_3-8de5b30
  • Your country  > United States
  • The network provider > Xfinity
  • Video recording of the issue  > The video is to large to email. But to sum it up, video plays for 10 seconds in low quality, then buffers continuously.  
  • Does this happen when you try changing the video quality/disabling videos? When I disable videos, the audio will play

Hey folks,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

@CosmicRay Could you please share with us the info mentioned in the previous response? 

@Nelson1107 Could you try uploading the video to another platform like YouTube or Google Drive? Then you can send us the link. 

Once we have this info, we'll be able to investigate this further.

Keep us in the loop.

Ver Moderator

- Device + OS version > Xbox One 10.0.22000.2038
- Exact Spotify version that is running on your device - 2.23.23.70
- Your country - United States
- The network provider > Verizon FiOS

I didn't upload a video. My original post had a very detailed description of what's been happening. Let me know if there's anything else you need.

I too am experiencing the exact same issue. Have been unable to watch the joe rogan podcast, (video and audio together), since the 03rd Jan 2022. 

Device + OS version: xbox one.

Exact Spotify version that is running on your device: 2.23.23.70. 

Your country: nothern ireland

The network provider: virgin media. 

Video recording of the issue: no recording, Nelson1170 youtube video link shows exactly what is happening when trying to play a joe rogan podcast video. 

Does this happen when you try changing the video quality/disabling videos?: When i go to the home screen of my xbox, and let spotify play in the background i can listen to the audio of the postcast. 

Suggested posts