Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Sync podcast progress across all devices

[Podcasts] Sync podcast progress across all devices

Please can you introduce a feature where podcast play progress and fully played information is synced across all devices.

I don't want to have to remember or cross reference which podcasts I've listened to, or how much progress I've made through another podcast.  Other apps do this well

6 Replies

Hey there @sgrinnall

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help board, where it fits better.

You should be able to see the progress of your podcasts across devices.

If you can't, we suggest that you try logging out and then logging back in to your account on all your devices. This will trigger a sync between your account and your devices.

If this doesn't do the trick, would you mind checking if the same happens using a different internet connection?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

The suggested answer doesn't work for me. I listen to long podcasts (yes yes the Joe Rogan Exp) on 3 different devices. Even if I log off and back in some of the podcasts I listened to still show as unplayed or partially played. This is very annoying. 

Hi @jbonnier,

Thank you for your reply and for the troubleshooting you've done so far!

Would you mind having someone else log in with their account on your devices - such as a friend or a family member to see if the issue persists? This will help us understand if it's account related or not.

Another useful step to try is to remove all potential corrupt cache files by following the steps here.

Let us know how it goes so that we can continue to assist you if you need us to 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

This happens for me too on the desktop app and has been for years. Spotify has known about the issue for 2 years and has not fixed it yet. I think you probably have the laziest development team in the world, I have never used worse software than spotify apps.

Yep. A problem for me as well. Very irritating.

I also have the issue. I am considering using a different app for podcasts. They also open up so slow. Sometimes up to 30 seconds when I click on a show. Even when it’s downloaded. 

Suggested posts