Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Podcasts] Turn Back Time: Start from Episode One

[Podcasts] Turn Back Time: Start from Episode One

All the time, I find new and immersive podcasts that capture my attention and adoration. However, with the constant discovery of new entertainment, I constantly rediscover the one thing about this app that really ticks me off:

There is no option to start at the beginning from Episode One. (If there is, then Spotify has done one heck-of-a good job hiding it.)

If, god-willing, the podcast is newer, I take an extra thirty-forty minutes of my time to manually scroll down to the first episodes, but, if the podcast has at least a two-year-long career with at least a two-broadcast-weekly schedule, there is no way in all the nine rings of the underworld that I am getting to that first episode without sacrificing hours of my time. 

I'm sure I speak for many-a podcast listener who wishes to 'Turn Back Time', starting from Episode One to follow the journey and evolution of their much-loved show organically. I implore you to create some sort of medium for podcast listeners to have more mobility in choosing the episodes they wish to listen to. 

Regards, 

An avid podcast listener

1 Reply

Hi @K_A_McAllister,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! Heads-up: we've moved your post to the Help board as it's more relevant.

This should already be possible both in the mobile and desktop apps. On the mobile app you can sort by Date in an ascending manner, so that the oldest uploaded episodes show at the top of the page. On the desktop app this feature is called sort by oldest to newest and has the same function - the oldest episodes appear at the top.

If you meant something else, feel free to elaborate how your suggestion is distinct from the existing features so that we're all on the same page.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts