Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Radio] Create New Station button missing

Solved!

[Radio] Create New Station button missing

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Platform

Windows 10

On the Radio screen, I used to be able to create a new station by clicking the Create New Station button, as described here in the documentation.  But that button has disappeared from the page, and there does not appear to be any other way to create a new station.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey folks,

We just wanted to let you know that this is expected behaviour since we rolled out our new Radio feature to all platforms.

To find out how the new Radio works, just head over to this thread.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

79 Replies

Plan: Premium

Device: Macbook Pro 2017

Operating System: iOS 10.14.1.

(Newbie post alert!)

I'm having a hard time creating my own radio stations. When I click 'Radio' I cannot find CREATE NEW STATION. Am I missing something?

I'm having the same issue.  I cannot create a new station on my mobile app.  What gives?

Weirdly enough Earthword_Tim I can create a station on mobile (Android) - but not desktop. Are you Mac all the way?

No, I am on Android.  I have a Google Pixel 2 and an Asus Zenbook on which I CAN create a playlist.  

I'm having the same problem! Have they taken this function away? I normally use this very regularly and this is the first time I haven't been able to create a new station. This is on both my mobile and laptop and has been for 24 hours now.

I'm having the same issue too. When I choose Artist or Song radio I'm taken to a playlist with no ability to thumbs up or down tracks. I'm really hoping this wasn't an intended change.

yup, me too - have the option on android, not on desktop. Tried on two separate pcs/desktops. 

not been with Spotify for long but the speed with which features change/appear/disappear is really annoying

I've found out how to create a radio station again! They've changed it so now you have to search for an artist, then when you're on the artist page there's an option to play their radio station. I have no idea why they've made it more difficult to do this! 

the option to play from an artist/album is still there, yup, but vanished from playlists.

I've kind of built up my whole Spotify usage based on the ability to listen to playlist Radio stations, so that I can find new tracks that fit in with that mix of music. If this feature is gone it kind of massively devalues Spotify for me ๐Ÿ˜•

It's super frustrating - I moved from Google Play Music as I hoped the social and recommendation aspects were better, but so far it's been a real mixed bag. I still don't fully understand/engage with the difference between 'my songs', my thumbs upped tracks, and the ones I โค๏ธ from the auto generated mixes. It's really hard to know how best to use the service, and it's made harder when the features randomly change every other week with no warning. 

Yes this is broken today. Every day something else is broken. Can you people not write a single test for your software to ensure things aren't constantly constantly CONSTANTLY broken?

I only really use the radio function on Spotify. Been thinking about cancelling premium as I can just get the same thing at Last FM for free anyway. Thinking a lot more seriously about it now Spotify seem to be making it harder than ever to use the radio function. Also you seem to get a tiny amount of songs on Spotify radio before they start to repeat, unlike Last FM.

As someone who is new to Spotify this is disappointing. Sorry to hear this ๐Ÿ˜ž And there I was thinking I was missing something!

Yeah it's gone for me too. The "Artist Radio" is also taking me to a playlist. I've lost the ability on mobile too. I'm on a Windows PC, Samsung Galaxy S9+ for mobile.

That function has been removed. I have chatted with the technical support and they have answered this (in Spanish, itยดs my language):

"Actualmente la funciรณn de Radio ha sido removida, por lo que al reproducir la opciรณn de Ir a radio del artista, se crea automรกticamente una playlists de aproximadamente 50 canciones de artistas similares. Sin embargo, podrรกs encontrar algunas estaciones de radio que has usado anteriormente en el panel izquierdo de la app en tu computadora, en la funciรณn Radio (justo bajo Inicio y Explorar)."

Thank you for clearing this up!

Hello!

We've noticed that the CREATE NEW STATION button is missing for some users.

Hit +VOTE if you are experiencing this. We'll keep you up-to-date in this topic.

If you have questions, please let us know.

Have a nice day!

Also missing for me on PC and Android apps. 

THIS IS A DISGRACE! 

I've been a premium subscriber for years and the Radio - particularly Playlist Radio - features are the most useful things about Spotify. 

Yesterday I talked to chat with Spotify technical support, and they told me this:

Actualmente la funciรณn de Radio ha sido removida, por lo que al reproducir la opciรณn de Ir a radio del artista, se crea automรกticamente una playlists de aproximadamente 50 canciones de artistas similares. Sin embargo, podrรกs encontrar algunas estaciones de radio que has usado anteriormente en el panel izquierdo de la app en tu computadora, en la funciรณn Radio (justo bajo Inicio y Explorar).

---------------------

Currently the Radio function has been removed, so when playing the option Go to radio of the artist, a playlist of approximately 50 songs by similar artists is automatically created. However, you can find some radio stations that you have previously used in the left panel of the app on your computer, in the Radio function (just under Start and Explore).

Spotify, are you playing with your users? I am a premium user, and I donโ€™t like Spotify to play with me.

@03-ckyvl_ivh5 wrote:

Yesterday I talked to chat with Spotify technical support, and they told me this:

Actualmente la funciรณn de Radio ha sido removida, por lo que al reproducir la opciรณn de Ir a radio del artista, se crea automรกticamente una playlists de aproximadamente 50 canciones de artistas similares. Sin embargo, podrรกs encontrar algunas estaciones de radio que has usado anteriormente en el panel izquierdo de la app en tu computadora, en la funciรณn Radio (justo bajo Inicio y Explorar).

---------------------

Currently the Radio function has been removed, so when playing the option Go to radio of the artist, a playlist of approximately 50 songs by similar artists is automatically created. However, you can find some radio stations that you have previously used in the left panel of the app on your computer, in the Radio function (just under Start and Explore).

Spotify, are you playing with your users? I am a premium user, and I donโ€™t like Spotify to play with me.

Seriously? "The Radio function has been removed"?  Since Spotify is a service I pay for, and the radio function is the primary way I use it, I think the next thing to be removed will be my Spotify subscription.  Logged into Pandora yesterday for the first time in years to start a Premium trial; the current Windows desktop app for Pandora is terrible, but at least the radio features still work...

Suggested posts