Premium

Country

USA

Device

Computer

Operating System

Win 10

My Question or Issue

I like to use the playlist radio feature to find new songs for my playlist, but recently I can't find the option anymore on my computer. I used to just press the ellipses to the right of the 'play/pause' button on the playlist, then I would press the 'go to playlist radio' button. But now I don't see that option, while I do still it on my android phone. Where is it?

140 Replies

What is the deal with this dissapearing and then being marked as not an issue?

Please return this functionality thx

It is completely offensive that Spotify marks this discssion as 'STATUS: Not An Issue".

This is a major issue, Spotify. It feels like you are just guiding us to listen to the music you want us to listen to instead of giving us the tools we need to explore on our own.

I wonder what deals Spotify has made with content producers to guide us to their content.

Please bring this feature back, this is the main reason I've been a premium user! I'm currently missing it for some reason:

Isn't this how Pandora works?  You can only create radio stations based on artists or songs?  One of the reasons that I enjoy and use Spotify over Pandora was the ability to create playlist radio stations. 

dafuq do you mean with "NOT AN ISSUE"

It's a big F*ing issue.... You killed RADIO and given us a playlist labeled as radio...

You **bleep** up on mobile the hability to search and sort within a playlist easily..

You **bleep** up radio

and in time you will screw up your revenue because unsatisfied customers will start to thing if premium is still a good choice

STOP DUMBING DOWN THE APPs... WE ARE NOT ALL A BUNCH OF STUPIDS

This is missing? Why the **bleep** would you do that? I used that playlist radio feature all the time from the right click menu. You're literally making it MORE difficult. Isn't the whole point of optimization to reduce the number of clicks to make something happen? Why would you remove it from the right click menu where it's pretty much the MOST convenient place it could be. I listen to playlist radios FAR more than album or song radios, please put it back in. I still can't understand why you would remove this feature, or any features. You removed Autoplay too, and that was a poor decision, this is too, please put it back into the right click menu like it normally was. I pay for premium and that's a feature I VERY much expect for my payment. 

Today the "CREATE NEW STATION" button is gone, at least in the current 1.0.96.181 mac version.

Bildschirmfoto 2019-01-04 um 11.55.36.png

Wonderful, now even the possibilty disappeared to create a new radio station in the radio tab. >.< If this won't be fixed in some time, I'm not willing to pay for premium any more.

Current version: 1.0.96.181.gf6bc1b6b 

Leaving this here to keep the pile of disagreement growing. Hopefully it gets big enough to be seen and acted upon.

Playlist radio is .. was my favorite feature as well. I want it back!

@Guido ... Throwing my 2¢ into the hat ...

Without doubt, taking away the Playlist Radio feature is by far the worst change I can remember Spotify making to the app.  This is/was the primary way I would discover new artists and songs while casually listening.  This was a primary reason why I chose (and have stayed with) Spotify for streaming music.  Lack of this feature, if not soon restored, will eventually drive me to seek a replacement.

https://tidal.com/gb/try-now 

Tidal are giving a free, 30 day trial... plus they seem to be offering music from artists who have protested against spotify's unfair payment structure and aren't available here.

I've been with Spotify pretty much since it started up.

Since then:

We lost messaging.

We lost apps.

We lost lyrics. 

We lost playlist radio.

No more. I'm tapping out. The only way these greedy twits listen is through profit and loss. Speak the only language they understand and vote with your wallet.

See you on the other side!

Been a spotify premium member for a long time, but this**bleep** is making me tempt switching to Google Play Music

Yup, same as the people before me, the radio-from-playlist was a killer feature for me, and honestly if there are competing services that have it, I'mma start paying for them instead of Spotify...

It´s really annoying, now creating a new radio station is also missing. I can start it on my mobile device, but i am not able to follow it. Its one of the key features why i use Spotify. Come on guys, get this function back

If this feature is gone, I'm out. I'm tired of giving Spotify money for removing features. It's a huge inconvenience every time. The feature is also broken according to the support pages:

spotify_playlist.png

Dear Spotify,

I don't see how removing the open playlist radio -option from the context of the playlist itself is improving your software in any way and I am sure any UX-professional would agree. It is not like the triple-dot-menu is full : ) ? It's like if you move the Play button to the "Music controlls section" or similar?

I know you are testing stuff which is good and makes your software amazing but if you read the responses in forums from people around the world you will see that this one of those "fail-fast" moments. Please bring it back! 

/Jesper

Ps. I know it is accessable from another location, but thats not the solution.

Please bring back the Playlist Radio option. Please.

I guess they brought it back ! 

Just test it now on android (Version 8.4.84.874):

• Playlist Radio 
  • Album Radio
  • Track Radio
  • Artist Radio

I am getting the old behavior ! 

Can any one confirm that please! 

Mohamed I can confirm it is back for me in 8.4.84.874 on android.
Open a playlist. Click the 3 dots in the top right hand corner. Scroll down a bit. Go to playlist radio.
Honestly, what the **bleep** was Spotify thinking when they removed this. Terrible terrible design/ux/feature choice.

Nope, it has been removed again.

It's also back in the 3-dot menü on the iOS app, but still no option on the Mac app to create a Radio Station of a Playlist.

Suggested posts