Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Recording of podcast on Spotify podcast not possible anymore?

Recording of podcast on Spotify podcast not possible anymore?

Plan

Free/Premium

Country Germany 

Device 

iPhone 

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

My wife always recorded podcasts over the Spotify podcast app. She recorded, added music under and uploaded it. With the new update, she can only upload files, but cannot record and customize her new podcasts on Spotify directly. Does everyone has this problem and if yes which app would you recommend to use for recording the podcast.

many thanks for your help and regards

Florian

5 Replies

Hi there @FloppeCool,

Thanks for reaching out. 

It seems what you're describing is related to the uploading of podcasts themselves. We here in the Community are more focused on helping with account and app related issues, as well as user feedback. For any questions regarding podcasts you have uploaded or want to upload to Spotify, it’s best to contact our Podcast Support team, they can assist you further.

Hope this clears things up.

JoanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I’m having the same issue with the app. I cannot record from it directly and wondering if that’s a new change because that’s no longer user friendly if we have to record it somewhere and then upload it. Hope there is a resolution soon.

Same here! It doesn’t look like they were able to help much either.

Things change good people! Unfortunately, this app isn’t what it used to be. I encourage you to look up some other options. We found Podbean, podbean pro, and some other options in our App Store search. We pray everything works out for you on your ends! 

I have the same issue. I always recorded and uploaded using  the app, and now it appears I can only upload episodes recorded elsewhere despite Spotify for Podcasters claiming you get taken to Riverside FM to record and edit before uploading, coincidentally this doesn’t work either. I’ve looked at other options but would prefer to keep my podcast where it is. So much for improving the podcasting experience.

Suggested posts