Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Roku app won't load playlists

Roku app won't load playlists

The app has always been slow to load playlists, but it seems like now it's only loading a track a minute from playlists, if that. I've always thought that this app was buggy since I first got my Roku, and I was suprised to find that it hasn't been updated in nearly a year. Is the Roku platform being abandoned by Spotify, or am I just doing something wrong? I've already tried logging out and then reinstalling the app, no luck there. It would also be awesome to get more functionality from the app, especially something similar to the "Browse" tab in the desktop player.

26 Replies

I'm having the same issues all of a sudden the lists won't load 😞

I am suddenly having this issue on both of my Roku 3's and on my Roku Stick also. On one of the Roku 3's I've removed the channel and readded it back and it makes no difference. It also won't load my inbox either. Both playlists and inbox just sit there saying "Loading" with the little spinning wheel thingy for as long as I've left them at that screen (25 minutes is the longest before I've given up). Has been spotily happening for about the last week progressively getting worse.

Recently my playlists will not load on ROKU Spotify.  I have tried everything, robooting the ROKU, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, nothing seems to work.  If this feature does not work, I do not think Spotify is worth the subscription price.  I hope Spotify management is reading this.  

Playlist feature works intermittently at best.  I use 3 Spotify Players and here is my rating for each:

• Linux 64b    *****
  • Android       ****
  • Roku            *

The Roku Player is skimpy on features and as idicated above, what's there barely works.  With the demonstrated capabilty to create truly impressive applications like the Linux 64b version- you folks should be embarrassed to have ever released the Roku version.

This now seems to be working as of the last few days!

This app blows. It worked for a bit now it doesn't work on anything. If this doesn't get fixed soon, it's not worth the money. Goin back to slacker or pandora.

Same thing has been happening to mine for about a month now. Spotify Team, help pls.

I have the same issue, had a BBQ yesterday, could not play my music! Thought it was the number of playlists, so organised but no difference - just get the sobbing wheel. Come one Spotify, sort it out.

We are having the same problems.  It is so frustrating because so many people seem to be having the same problem with the Roku not loading our playlists.  Why is this not being resolved?  

I have no idea! Its ridiculous. This issue goes years back and still has
not been resolved. Whats going on Roku?

Hey Everyone,

There's a post  with a response from Support over in the "Ongoing Issues" list. The status is marked as "Under Investigation". It's got a button to vote (i'm assuming they will use it to determine the importance of the issue). Go to the link below and vote (comment too)...

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Playlists-not-loading-on-Roku-3/idi-p/1598019

I agree with this message 

Everyone please vote and comment so this issue gets some traction!

<meta charset="UTF-8" />

I don't even have a Playlists option on my Roku app anymore!! What happened?? I am definitely going to unsubscribe if this isn't resolved.

So far there's less than 200 votes

my Roku spotify does not give me the option to even view my playlists anymore. when i first got it, it had the options of search, whats new, top charts, playlists, accounts, and now playing. now, the playlists option is completely gone and i cannot listen to them.

I'm going to have to cancel my subscription if this isnt fixed soon. What's the point if I can stream in my living room and bedroom???

According to that voting site here https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Playlists-not-showing-on-Roku/idi-p/1599998.  The matter is CLOSED, Spotify says they have turned off that functionality because they were having too many issues with it.  They also say they are working with Roku on fixing the issue but my guess is if they closed the case.  This could mean two things, either 1) they have closed the case and opened a problem ticket where they are keeping track of it and attempting to resolve the issue with Roku or 2) they closed the ticket and consider the matter closed so they will not fix it.  My guess is this is a small matter to them and they are not going to fix it.  Also there are 273 votes on that page as of 4/1/2017.

Suggested posts