Premium (Family)

Country

Netherlands

Device

Samsung TV UE49NU7100

Operating System

Tizen ??? 

My Question or Issue

Hi, it seems that last Spotify update on my TV broke the sound. Rendering my Spotify useless. (well, I can still see the album art, but rather listen to music)

Extra Info / Debugging

Spotify shows it was updated at 05/07/2018, with version 1.4.0

All other apps have sound!

While selecting another sound device I can see some 'sound waves' moving.

Also, the play bar is moving. (Rules out internet connectivity problem)

I tried with and without my soundbar, no difference.

I've tried to use the 'reinstall' button in settings, does not help.

I've tried to relogin via phone AND TV. Both no success.

I have not tried a hard reset of the TV (rather not want to setup everything again, also because this really seems its a problem of the Spotify app and not the TV, so first wanted to check here)

Please let me know if this is a known problem and/or if you want me to take action. Until then I'll sit here in my room.

Alone...

Without music... :'(

With kind regards,

Thijs

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Now, a few days later, I'm happy to say the problem has not returned. I'll repost here if it ever happens again. 

With kind regards,

Thijs

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @tagjack.

Sorry to hear your Spotify doesn't have sound on your TV.

Let's make sure there aren't pending updates for your Tizen system. If it's fully up to date but you're still running into the same issue, using a different Spotify account to see if it behaves the same.

Let us know how it goes.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp

Hi @Alfredo,

No updated available for my TV, I've tried a different Spotify account, but that was from the same shared family account bundle. Hoping a friend comes over today so I can test with his account.

With kind regards,

Thijs

update: Haven't tried with yet another account, but I do have sound now, but also this screen.

So at least I can listen to Spotify by casting from my phone, but I can't select anything with my Tv-remote.

Marked as solution

Now, a few days later, I'm happy to say the problem has not returned. I'll repost here if it ever happens again. 

With kind regards,

Thijs

Hi, 

i have a 50MU6170 samstung smart tv...and since the update of Spotify (07 sept 2018) i cannot use spotify on my tv.... actually if i go on the app, it's only show some other small icones (like albums covers) but i cannot click on them...and then my screen turns into black.... everything was running correctly before this update. 

i found out anyway that i could listen spotify via my tv but i have to be on my iphone (spotify connect)... 

what should i do? 

thanks

Suggested posts