Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Screensaver broken in WebOS app (LG OLED Smart TV CX)

Screensaver broken in WebOS app (LG OLED Smart TV CX)

The newest update of Spotify WebOS app on in LG OLED Smart TV CX does not go into screensaver mode (the general LG screensaver with "fireworks") any more.

Plan

Premium

Country

Finland

Device

LG OLED Smart TV 48CX

Operating System

WebOS 5.3.0-19

My Question or Issue

The newest update of Spotify WebOS app on in LG OLED Smart TV CX does not go into screen saver mode (the general LG screensaver with "fireworks") any more. The screen saver works well with other apps.

• TV
Top Answer
Kacper309
Regular

I have the same problem since the last update. 😞

For now I'm using "screen off" option from energy saving menu.

82 Replies

Same problem on my 

LG OLEDC8 

All software are updated... 

Please fix this issue! 

Same problem, is Spotify going to pay for our TVs once they get pixel burning and ghost images?

Sounds silly, but they do produce an app for a smart TV which disables that TV's built in hardware protection features, so maybe.  This is turning out to be a repeated problem with the Spotify app, as I've seen it fixed and unfixed several times. I've not had this issue with other 3rd party apps on my tv.

How long can it take to fix an obvious bug? Still no screensaver and it’s May already. 😠

Spotify disabled your screensaver by choice. Its not a bug.

their development team said it was intentional.
They don't care about you or your hardware. 

Spotify on LG TV seems to be abandoned. Last update 23/11/2021.......... 

Do something Spotify, I don’t want to break my OLED so you can show Video ads to users. I’m paying for this service and I don’t know why you disabled this feature ( :)) ) even for premium users.

I don't wanna sound like a broken record but if you're experiencing this issue and still pay for Spotify. You basically tell them this behavior is OK. And it's not. Go try another service.

Bye Spotify, I go to try Apple music it seems to be a great app on LG TV

same for me 

Dear Spotify, I am a paying Spotify Family Member for several years now, bit since I have my LG Oled TV from the beginning of this year, I was waiting for the fix of this bug. I now seem to realise that you do not want to solve it? That would mean that I will reconsider my subscription, and look to Apple Music or Google... You certainly would not want that I presume, so please respond in this thread that you will bring back an oled screensaver setting for your app in WebOS...

Spotify update for LG TV !!!!!!!!!!!!! It's seem to be resolved the issue ! 🥳 I pair the app with Spotify one more.

Edit : after few hours, update didn't solve the issue....... 🤯

The latest WebOS Spotify update didn't solve anything for me. TV still won't go to screen saver mode on idle.
All other apps go to screen saver no problem.

TV Model: OLED55C7Y-T
webOS Version 3.9.0-62709
LG Software Version: 6.00.25
Spotify updated to the latest version.

Come on, guys. Fix this issue!

This is quite frankly ridiculous, and I would at least expect LG to step in and get Spotify to update the app. This is not a good look for either of them.

I raised the question again on twitter and got the same useless response. I'm wondering if we could try to get LG involved somehow. 

https://twitter.com/pleunv/status/1549008766250647552

I have an other issue. The album artwork displays incorrectly. Am I the only one ?

I also have an other issue that is only indirectly related to yours. My issue is that the Spotify developers dont seem to recognize the broken screensaver function as an issue. 

Spotify closed one of the other tickets on this system related to the screensaver saying, 'This idea didn't get enough kudos'.

I want to cancel SO BAD, but I've been trying Apple Music and it's UI is so awful that I can't bring myself to do it. I feel like a rate trapped on a sinking ship.

Edit: I can confirm as of date 18.10.2022 it's working. Let's see for how long. 🙂

It seems no matter how much we will "scream" there won't be a fix, right? I'm considering cancelling my family subscription after so many years just for that. Screensaver works until "connect" is not done or music is not playing and sometimes just doesn't turn on at all. I remember this was working in previous versions, back in 2020 when we bought the TV.

LG OLED65C9PLA

WebOS 05.20.35

Spotify version 2.0.26

As of today screen saver is working correctly lg cx. Finally its been fixed

Took long enough! We've been complaining for what ... year?

Suggested posts