Selected Podcast will play a different podcast - FireTV

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

FireTV 4K

My Question or Issue

When selecting certain Podcasts to play (Work For It Podcast, Hustle & Grind Podcast) the player will skip to a different subscribed podcast and start to play. 

I did a factory reset on my device and it has not rectified the situation. These podcasts play fine on my iPhone.

I also noticed that if I try to play one of the older episodes, the player will skip up the screen to the next newest episode. It reaches the top and then, plays a different podcast.

Everything else seams to work fine.

6 Replies

Hey @JLAMOUR,

Thanks for reaching out and kudos for the troubleshooting you've already tried.

Would it be possible to connect the FireTV to a hotspot on your phone and test again to exclude any issues with your internet provider?

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi MihailY, 

I gave it a try and it did not work. I'll try on a different firetv stick and see what happens. I'll have to do a swap if it does work. 

I tried using 3 different firetv sticks. None of them can play the following podcasts: Workforitpodcast & hustle&grind podcast.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0acVB04QXcGUu9qzas3Btw?si=bMBYiipmTPGWvkt2Qb9OPg

https://open.spotify.com/show/3ObHj76doO92v82z5XLr5j?si=68d2a1fc1bd646f9

As previously described, I'll click on it the episode and it will change to a different podcast from my subscribed podcasts.

If I select an older episode, the Firestick seams to cycle through to the newer episodes and then when it gets to the top, it will change podcast and play something else.

Hey @JLAMOUR,

Thanks for the additional info!

Could you check if the same thing happens if you start the playback on your phone and then cast it to your FireTV?

Keep us posted.

MariaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I have tried that and it does the same thing. I can be listening with my phone and then change it to my firetv and it will start skipping to a newer podcast, it will literally scroll from one to the next and to the next, get to the latest episode and then flip over to a different podcast.

I thought that maybe I had a limitation with explicit content on podcasts but, it doesn't seem to be the culprit. 

Do you think it could be the uploader? Anchor vs some other uploading service?

Hi there @JLAMOUR,

Thanks for reaching out. Your initial assumption was correct, it has to do with the providers/uploaders of the specific podcasts. Some can be played via Connect, while others cannot. We're aware of this and are working on improving this in future. Be advised however that we cannot say for certain at the moment when or if this is going to get implemented.

Cheers!

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts