Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Sharp Roku app

Sharp Roku app

Does anyone else have trouble loading their playlists on the TV app? It worked fine before and then they would take long to load... Now they won't load at all!
8 Replies

same same

Same here. It worked fine until three weeks ago. Now it forever loads. I have tried logging out and back in, reinstalling the app, and logging in with Facebook versus Spotify credentials. The last one made only the "Starred" list appear, but it was empty anyway... I also logged out of Spotify on my computer, phone and PS4 to see if it would help. (Spoiler: it didn't.)

same happening to me.

Through our Roku, Mine and my daughters has done the same thing. ( separate accounts). All it will play is "top tracks" (gag a maggot), and the musician I had playing when this happened. No search, no radio, no discover weekly, no nothing. Phone capabilities are as always, excellent.

Still the same old stuff. 3 years of the app not loading and having to restart the TV. Spotify can't claim resource allocation failures since heavier apps like Disney+ are running with reosurces to spare. Fix this Spotify. It happens on all Roku devices and authenication methods.

Hey @James7x1

Thanks for posting - we’re here to help!        

Could you confirm if this persists after reinstalling the Spotify app by following the steps described here? This will get you the latest app version with all necessary updates. 

Just to confirm, is this happening only when connected to a certain Internet connection? If possible, we'd suggest connecting to a different network. 

If it works with another connection, it’d be a good idea troubleshooting further the original one (for example, by restarting your router). You can also reach out to the service provider of the original network so that they can take a look on their end as well.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be here in case you need any further help with this. 

Thank you for reaching out Ivan,

I have had this issue on multiple internet connections and Roku Smart TV architectures (Sharp and TCL), DSL (3 Mbps) and Coaxial Broadband (55 Mbps) with low BER during operation attempts. After closing the app and requesting it to reopen, the app remains on the Spotify splash screen. During that period, the TV appears on "Spotify Connect" on other devices, but does not respond to cast requests.

On the latest reinstalls, the app requested a sign-in through "Spotify Connect", which was successful; however, after signing in, the app went back to the splash screen. After resetting the TV, then reinstalling the app, I was able to proceed to operation, but I have had to do that every time I want to use the app to get past the splash screen.

Hey there @James7x1

Thanks for letting us know this info. 

In this case, we suggest that you make sure that you have the latest firmware on your Roku device.

Additionally, could you send us some pictures of what you're seeing on your end so we can take a closer look? Make sure not to send any private info.

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts