Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Skipping 5 songs in playlist and only playing 10 seconds?

Skipping 5 songs in playlist and only playing 10 seconds?

When i select any song to play the web client will skip forward exactly 5 songs in the playlist, and then only play 10 seconds of music from the song.
This behavior is on the Firefox web browser.

Top Answer
Vasil

Hey folks!

We've merged your posts into this single thread as they seem to be related to the same issue!

The right folks are onto it and we'll make sure to keep you posted as soon as we have anything new to share 🙂

In the meantime, if you haven't already, please let us know the following details:

• You device, it's OS version and your current Spotify version
  • If the issue is occurring on the Web Player, please include your browser type as well (after making sure it's up-to-date)
  • The troubleshooting you've tried so far

Many thanks!

91 Replies

Hey @Starlight6451,

Thanks for posting in the community and welcome.

In this case, we'd like to gather some additional info. So, just to confirm, is this just happening on the Firefox browser or does it happens in a different browser as well?

On another note, is this happening if you change the internet connection you're using? Is this happening over WiFi? Ethernet? Both? If possible, you can create a hotspot from your phone and connect your computer to it, to see if you notice any difference. Give it a try and let us know if changing the connection makes any difference.

Lastly, did you notice if this is happening with some specific content like an album? Or does it happen no matter what you try to listen to?

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

*Correction: It happens on all browsers on Desktop (Chrome, Edge, Firefox) and on Firefox on Android Phone.

I can't create a hotspot using between my phone and PC and I can't do WIFI on PC as it's ethernet only. But I used it and my phone network on my Android phone and the problem still occurs.
Read my initial post carefully. I already stated it happens no matter what I listen to.

starting last saturday, i cant play an album because when i starts the first song it skips to number 6 songs and only played for 10 seconds. ive tried closing the tab, login multiple time, still not working, pls help

And before you ask, yes, I did revoke all access to all devices from within Spotify account and manually, without improvement.

Hi there @GottaBeKD,

Thanks for reaching out. So on both of your devices, this happens when using the webplayer? Have you tried in different browsers? If you haven't, please try that out. If you have an active VPN or something similar, please deactivate it, as that can cause various issues. If the issue still persists, please send us a video of the behaviour and we'll take a look.

Keep us posted.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Similar here. I hit play and the player skips like 4 song forward. There is 10 seconds of music and then the sound cuts off. Cookies have no effect.

Nothing can be installed on this PC so the app and different browser are out of question. /currently using Chrome

Its still happening on the browser, but we installed spotify on the mac and
it doesn't do on the app. I googled it and it seems like many have this
problem. But we are good for now, thanks. Seems like its an issue with
chrome cause safari worked fine

Thanks
Jeremy

When I open the application either on my phone or start up the player on my browser, the player gets glitchy. If press play, the player will skip 5 songs on my playlist and then music will only play for 5-10 seconds and go mute. When on play, the player is showing that it's still on, but I can't hear anything. This has been ongoing issue for the past 2 weeks. I haven't been able to play anything on Spotify.

Phone: Android
Desktop: Spotify's player on Chrome Browser
Device: Apple Macbook

Hello visitor!

Fellow Firefox user here and I don't have the issue you described. I suspect you'll need to wipe the cookies and cache, as old ones may end up causing more trouble than good.

Type about:preferences to your address bar, navigate to Privacy and Security and scroll a bit downwards until you reach Cookies and Site Data.

Click on the Manage Data button, type Spotify into the search bar of the window that opened, highlight those items that appeared and click on "Remove Selected". Then click on "Save Changes".

This should clear things up a little. : )

Let me know how you get on!

SebastySpotify Star
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I'm running into the same issue using Google Chrome. The issue just started after upgrading to Premium, and it's been like this for a day for me despite clearing my cache/cookies, restarting device and computer, trying different devices and setting up a separate new Premium account. 

Hi there @Starlight6451,

Thanks for the info. Please make video recordings of this behaviour on various browsers on Desktop and on mobile and send those to us. We'll be happy to investigate this further.

Thanks in advance.

JoanModerator

When I choose a song from my playlist on Spotify Web Player, it rapidly goes through 5 or so songs and then stops on a song I didn't vhoose. This song then plays for 10 seconds and the sound cuts off.

Hey folks!

We've merged your posts into this single thread as they seem to be related to the same issue!

The right folks are onto it and we'll make sure to keep you posted as soon as we have anything new to share 🙂

In the meantime, if you haven't already, please let us know the following details:

• You device, it's OS version and your current Spotify version
  • If the issue is occurring on the Web Player, please include your browser type as well (after making sure it's up-to-date)
  • The troubleshooting you've tried so far

Many thanks!

VasilModerator

This app is trash and has too many issues to even try to fix. Stop with the bandaids. Even YouTube is better at this point. I click a song and it immediately skips, and tries to play the next. Then that one skips. And so on. I get the first half-second of each song, as it just cycles through every song on my list. GET**bleep** TOGETHER. Jesus **bleep**ing Christ,

Since I migrated to spotify premium I've been having issues with the web browser player. Mainly, songs in playlists keep skipping multiple times, and then when it stops skipping, it plays for about 10 seconds and goes mute. I've tried deleting cache and temp files from my browser, and I've tried in different computers and networks (different locations even).

I tried deleting data in Cookies and Site data. No improvement. It slightly works in Edge, but not always.

Even when it works on Edge, it doesn't work on Firefox.
I've attached a video of latest Firefox on latest Windows 7 x64 Pro PC.

Web player. Chrome & Firefox.
a. Skips a random number of tracks for no reason;
b. Stops playing after ~10 seconds, timeline indication goes on.

Found a similar post on Problem b. from IanM_56, dates ‎2017-04-05. The answer is "Spotify are aware of this issue and are working hard to fix it :slightly_smiling_face:"
Now, 5 years and 8 months in development later it still occurs.
Plus, Problem a.
Thank you so much for your effort.

Since friday 16th december, whenever I try to start a playlist, a podcast or a song in a playlist by pressing the play button, the song will automatically switch to the song near it, start playing for a second and then move to the next (or previous for podcast) for five to six songs and then it will start to play this one instead of the selected one. If I come back to the selected one, the soundtrack is empty after a few seconds.

Re-installing Chrome fixed it for me for now. 

I was listening to music while I renewed my premium. Once I processed the payment, my spotify chrome window refreshed, I thought that was normal. After that I go and click a song to play and it skips about 5 songs until ending up on one for 20 seconds and just stopping in all. The progress bar still continues to go and you cannot hear the music. I dont understand why this issue is happening it's very random. If anyone has any suggestion please help. This has happened to me before and the only thing I was able to do to get rid of it was make a new account, but I already bought premium on this account so I do not want to just make a new account.

Suggested posts