Song keeps skipping at specific timestamp

Song keeps skipping at specific timestamp

Plan

Premium

Country

Germany 

Operating System

Centos 7.5

Google Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

My Question or Issue

When listening to Powerwolf "Venom of Venus" with the Web Player (Chrome, Standard and Private Mode) Spotify keeps shuffling to the next song in queue at the 1:36 mark. This happens when starting from playlist as well as when starting it from the album. It happens in autoplay and also when you manually move the bar a few seconds before 1:36 and wait for it to cross. If you move past 1:37 the player continues to play the rest of the song.

4 Replies

Hey @Tamwyn

Check and make sure that your PC, Java, Flash, and windows are updated. Usually one of these software is the cause for having your song skipping.

Let me know how it goes!

Keanu_C

Unfortunately this didn't help. As mentioned I'm running on centos but using the available version of Chrome which doesn't support Java (and the Spotify Web Interface shouldn't be using it as well). Flash is just bundled with Chrome.

Update: The issue persists on chrome 68.

I also tried the same on another operating system this time gentoo running 

Chrome Version 68.0.3440.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Yet 1:36 the song skips to the next one in queue.

I will try the same on a Windows System soon.

Sorry for the late response, im also sorry i didn't read that you were running a Centos system. What i would recommend is probably doing a full reinstall of Spotify. There could be a possiblity that when you previously update Spotify, that i could be missing a file.

Let me know how that goes!

Keanu_C

Suggested posts