Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Embed sort by options

Solved!

Spotify Embed sort by options

Hey there

Sorry if there are previous entries similar to this, I did do a quick search but couldn't quite find what I was looking for (probably didn't look hard enough)

I'm trying to embed a play button for a playlist on my website/blog, but the playlist is in date added order from oldest to newest. I listen on my desktop newest to oldest (some songs are relatively old) and I want that to reflect on my embed (I want newest tracks to show/be played first rather than having to scroll all the way to the other end of the playlist and listen in reverse order). Is there anyway I can order the embed as date added desc? 

Hope this makes sense? Any help appreciated!!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @ASaASWill,

Unfortunately, the embedded widget shows the canonical order of the playlist only.

There is currently no way to embed it with custom sorting option ( desc, asc )

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @ASaASWill,

Unfortunately, the embedded widget shows the canonical order of the playlist only.

Thanks @Dreadlord

Is there any plan for this to be changed/something to be done with this?? 

@Dreadlord wrote:

Hey @ASaASWill,

Hey @ASaASWill,

I am not working for Spotify, so I am not aware if they have any plans for this.

You can ask the guys from the development in the comments here and someone will get back to you as soon as possible.

I'm having the exact same problem now, is there a way around this yet?

Hey @dumbrobot,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

At the moment, the order of the playlist will be displayed as default (canonical) and there's no current option to customize its order. 

However, you can post this on the Developers Board (Spotify for Developers) here. Also, you can submit this as a new idea by following these steps in order to get this integrated in the future. 

Just make sure to familiarize yourself with the guidelines before sending it.

Remember the Community is here in case anything else comes up!

AndresMModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
"Music touches us emotionally, where words alone can't." -Henry Thoreau

Suggested posts