Country

Canada

Device

Google Pixel 2 XL

Operating System

Android 9.0 

My Question or Issue

Hi Spotify, 

When listening to music on my Chromecast Ultra, Spotify will pause randomly, for about 20 seconds, then continue to play. My connection and speeds are stable. 

It was happening when I was listening to this playlist that I've been working on:

https://open.spotify.com/user/rawbex/playlist/0QkFUtkiRUCKNxTOB3pWpo?si=LQJqS771RHS6nMs_cxbvmw

I don't think the playlist is related to the issue, but its worth linking it to see if it replicates on your systems. 

I'm hoping this gets fixed soon. It was working fine up until two-three weeks ago. I've had to start streaming my music to other devices instead. Again, it will just randomly pause in the middle of a song. Or, it will just pause, stay paused for a little while, then skip to the next song. I've tried unplugging/restarting the chromecast but that hasn't fixed the problem. 

This issue happens sometimes when listening to music in my car (through my phone), although it happens much less often. 

Best,

Rob

3 Replies

Hey @Rawbex, help's here. 

First, restart all your devices (and speakers). Also, make sure that:

• All devices are on the same WiFi network.
  • Your Spotify app is up-to-date.
  • The Chromecast is up-to-date. If you don't know, check with your device's manufacturer for how to update the version software.
  • If possible, try switching between different networks and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes, and let us know if you can reproduce this with other playlists.

All the best,

Hi Jemi,

So I've spent a couple of weeks doing some testing. I followed the steps above and am still yeilding the same issue, regarldess of the playlist/song/album. 

I've tried casting from different devices too. Spotify seems to stop buffering at random, then will catch up to the songs timecode on the device it is supposed to be casting from. This causes a pause and slight skip in placement of where the track is playing. I have a stable internet connection and am always streaming music from Spotify, it just seems to be a consistent issue with the Chromecast Ultra. 

Here's to hoping Spotify see's this and fixes it. 

Best Regards

Hey there @Rawbex,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

We'd recommend trying using a different device to cast to your Chromecast Ultra. If the issue doesn't persist using a different device, we'd suggest making sure that your Android device is up-to-speed with the latest software version.

If that doesn't do the trick, we'd recommend making sure to perform a clean reinstall on the device by following the steps below:

1. Head here and click Remove all devices
  2. Go to your Spotify settings, scroll down to Storage and then clear the cache
  3. From the Android home screen, tap Settings > Apps
  4. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it and clear the cache and data. Then select Uninstall.
  5. Switch your device off and wait a couple minutes
  6. Switch your device back on
  7. Open the Google Play Store then search for and install the Spotify Music app

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts