Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify Playlist different across accounts

Spotify Playlist different across accounts

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/37i9dQZF1DX2sUQwD7tbmL?si=hmC7UFc5SPabSdHqQMLVkw

I have a spotify premium and this playlist was not updated to me for many months. I created an account for my sister, When i viewed the playlist, the songs were different. When i view the playlist on safari without an account, the song selection is different. May i know if this is an account problem or the playlist is somewhat customised to different users.

My premium account shows peach pit first

my sister's accounts shows the song Disco

The spotify online shows the song sunlight

I would really like to know if this is an account issue or something as i am always looking for new indie songs through this playlist.

5 Replies

Hey @adamtheboy72 

This particular playlist is one of these editorial Spotify-created playlists that are personalized for users - every user sees a different selection of tracks in the playlist.

If you want to see what a non-personalized version of the playlist looks like, use the web player. 🙂

Let me know if you have more questions!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi there,
Thank you for your answer.

I would like to know if there’s a way to tell if a playlist is “personalized” or appears the same to all users?

Hey there @medchakib!

Thanks for reaching out on the Community.

I'm afraid we cannot give you a full list of these playlists as they do vary and change with time. We focus primarily on playlists representing moods (e.g. Alone Again, Feelin' Good, Confidence Boost) and moments (eg. Morning Motivation, Feel Good Dinner, Songs to Sing in the Shower).

As @Sebasty mentioned above you can compare how the list appears in your desktop and the web player, and if you spot a difference you'll know that it's a personalized list.

Hoe this info helps. Have a lovely day!

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Is there a way to turn off the personalized playlists so they show the songs that are in there by default?

Hey there @Ugh_stranger

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

Would you mind giving us more info on what you're trying to do? We'll be happy to help. 

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts