Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify crashes on same song

Spotify crashes on same song

Whenever the song is like 2 minutes in, spotify crashes. I go to play it a second time and then it works no problem. Anyone know why it keeps doing this? I have a Samsung Galaxy Note Edge.

5 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community! What is the track you're trying to play, and is it one that you're streaming online or have you downloaded it to your phone? If downloaded, is it one that you own?

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

The track is Lonely Heart by Radio Killer, and it happens in both online and offline mode. It's downloaded through Spotify.

Strange...thanks for the additional details. I'm going to test this myself with that song and just see if I can replicate the problem on my phone.

dinomightSpotify Star

Well, I tried streaming the song and didn't have any issues. It's possible the download is corrupt. Sometimes even when taking a playlist/album out of offline mode it can still remain in the cache temporarily, so the quickest solution would probably be clearing the entire cache. In settings, you will just need to scroll down and choose "delete cache and saved data." If that still doesn't work, a clean reinstall could be in order. More details on all of this can be found here. Please just keep in mind these options will remove all offline playlists, tracks, and settings.

dinomightSpotify Star

I cleared my cache and it crashed again but on a different song. I'll try uninstalling the app and see if that works.

It's still crashing after uninstalling.

Suggested posts