Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify icon not in tray

Solved!

Spotify icon not in tray

My Spotify icon has vanished from the tray. It was fine a few days ago, but after starting up Spotify today, I couldn't find the icon in my tray anymore, it is still in my desktop and taskbar though. This is very annoying as I usually minimize Spotify to tray to consume resources and it looks more neat, and now I can't do that anymore.

My taskbar with Spotify open:My taskbar with Spotify open.My taskbar with Spotify open.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @GXTREME

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, we suggest that you try restarting your PC and launching the app again to see if the icon shows up again in the tray. 

If it doesn't, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. Make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store.

Lastly, we'd recommend checking if the OS of your PC has any pending updates. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey there @GXTREME

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, we suggest that you try restarting your PC and launching the app again to see if the icon shows up again in the tray. 

If it doesn't, it's well worth running a clean reinstall of the app to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. Make sure to download the app again from the Microsoft Store.

Lastly, we'd recommend checking if the OS of your PC has any pending updates. 

Let us know how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts