Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify lagging, crashing, freezing whenever I try changing sing, scrolling, etc.

Spotify lagging, crashing, freezing whenever I try changing sing, scrolling, etc.

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

iPhone 10S

Operating System

iOS 14.2

My Question or Issue

Recently I’ve been having an issue with my Spotify app being extremely laggy while trying to scroll through my playlist, change songs, play/pause/skip, and everything else. It has also been freezing while trying to complete these actions, and this is all happening when the phone is properly cold and not overheating, as I’ve experienced this issue during hot weather. Occasionally it will crash when I try to complete these actions. I have already tried deleting the cache, uninstalling, and the entire process of a clean restart that has been suggested in other forms. This has happened to me before around a year ago and a clean restart fixed it that time but the restart has done nothing this time around. To provide a bit more context with hopes that this will be fixed, the main playlist that I have been experiencing issues with has around 3,000 songs added and downloaded offline. I thought this might be an issue, however my phone has plenty of free storage, and this was never an issue earlier this year when I also had over 3,000 songs on this playlist (I’ve been deleting some). So the problem is from something recent.

1 Reply

Hi @Teo-Morrell

Welcome to the Community! Thanks for reaching out about this.

Can you clarify whether you're only having trouble with larger playlists or do you experience the same issue with small playlists as well? We're currently looking into an issue involving playlists containing lots of tracks, just like you mentioned. It'd be great if you would head over to this thread and provide the details we asked for in the Status Update, so this can be investigated.

On the other hand, if you're having issues with your downloaded songs, we'd recommend checking off the steps listed in this support article. 

Hope you'll find this information useful. Let us know how you get on.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts