Premium

Country

Spain

Device

LG SK8 (Built in Chromecast)

Operating System

Android, Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I'm having trouble since a week, I literally can't cast Spotify to my soundbar from ANY device. I have tried with my laptop, Desktop PC and several smartphones. 
The soundbar works fine. I can cast my phone's audio with other apps. 

I can see the soundbar listed in my network devices. When I choose to cast spotify to the built in Chromecast, it keeps attempting to connect, but it never endes. The same happens using smartphones and PC. 

I have read many people complaining about the same issue. It's not fixed yet. 
 Already updated soundbar firmware, and cellphone spotify app (unistalled and clean installed).

Top Answer
Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We've taken this up with the team at LG as it's related to the particular devices and how they are set up to function. Because of this it's not something we can influence.

We recommend that you, if your setup allows it, change the digital sound out setting on your devices from Auto or Pass Through to another one. Improvements have also already been put into place and the firmware of some models has been updated to remedy this.

So make sure to update your firmware to the latest version available and if the issue persists - reach out to the Customer Support team of LG. You can contact them here.

Thanks!

231 Replies

Screenshot_20201031-185108_Twitter.jpg

 twitter....

Another person with this exact issue - LG SK10Y Soundbar.

Same here with LG SK9Y, been like this for a week or so.

Same problem here with my SK9Y and latest app and firmware

Did a little testing.

Casting does not work with Spotify and Tidal on my SK8. Works fine with other aps i've tested. So I'm starting to think it my by LG's issue.

Anyhow, moving to YouTube Music as it is the only music service that works with my LG SK8.

Not really, I did not update my lg sk8 firmware and it stops working. What's more it stops also on my philips tv.

Of course it is an issue between Spotify and the chromecast built-in device. However, since everything works but Spotify, no firmware update was rolled out by LG, and since Spotify had the same issue with other devices (e.g. Amazon FireStick) last week I guess this is on Spotify.

Here's someone else with the same irritating problem, all the other aps are fine except for Spotify.
I hope the problem will be resolved soon.
I have the sk10y.

Having the exact same issue with my LG soundbar. Did everything including redownloading app, resetting sound bar, etc. works fine with other apps like SoundCloud so definitely a Spotify issue. Please fix it.

which apps did you use?
i know plex is working for me
to chech youtube need to be premium which not going to at the moment
do u know if dizzer is supported ?

Bbc sounds,  Tunein, simpler radio, tidal, amazon music,  bubbleupnp, YouTube music...all work fine. Haven't tried deezer. This appears to be a Spotify issue only. 

Can a Spotify rep  confirm this is being looked at?

i tried dizzer and the same as spotify
i could not verify it with youtube music as you need to have premium plan
to cast via wifi...

Same issue in NL with my SK10Y... Short flashing Spotify and does not connect, very frustrating.....

Update: when creating a Google speaker group with the soundbar in it, it works perfectly fine!!

I've tried, but it doesn't work for me either. That's because I don't have multiple speakers that I can add in a group.

The Google Group casting suggestion does not work for me either.

I happen to have several Google home devices in the house.  If I add the LG Soundbar to a group on it's own, casting to that "group" still doesn't work.  If i add the soundbar to a group with a google home mini or google nest hub, casting to that group does result in audio playing on soundbar (and the other device).   I hope this helps troubleshoot the issue for the devs - but it's not a work around, as I don't want to group the soundbar.  I want those devices ungrouped and playing what i need them to in their respective locations.

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

- LG SK10Y

- Various mobiles (Android, Apple) and various laptops (Windows)

Operating System

Windows 10, Latest Android, Latest IOS

My Question or Issue

Hi! I'm experiencing some problems with Spotify Connect on my LG SK10Y. If I want to cast from any device to the speaker, its goes from WiFi to Spotify, and than goes back to WiFi. See:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ak4S43tv0Gtpj9BjDY6_mGi5cy4eQQ?e=EER5Ni

I've contacted LG about this, and after some troubleshooting on their side (factory reset speaker etc.) they claim it's on Spotfy's side. They (Spotify) need to update the app on the LG Soundbars. 

It worked for the last, say year, without any problems.

Was there a change in the Spotify Connect like last few weeks?

And do others also have this problem with any LG SK Soundbar? And maybe has a solution?

Same SK10Y. Click the cast button on my mobile, the soudbar jumps from WiFi to Spotify for like, 1-2 seconds and than back to WiFi.

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your messages.

We suggest that you perform a clean reinstall of the app to make sure there's no old cache files causing this.

If that doesn't do the trick - can you let us know which version of the app you have?

Also - do you get any error message? If so - can you take a screenshot of it and post it in your next reply?

We'll keep an eye out for your replies.

Cheers!

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hi Jeremy,
I've already tried reinstalling Spotify. Tried on different mobiles (Android as well as IOS). Also tried it from my laptop (Windows 10). No go.

Factory reset the Soundbar, tried it with a LAN cable instead of WiFi. All no-go.

Same things happen: Soundbar goes from WiFi to Spotify back to WiFi in a few seconds.

Suggested posts