Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Apple TV: terrible audio quality

Spotify on Apple TV: terrible audio quality

I get really poor, fuzzy sound quality when I play music using the new Spotify app for Apple TV. I have a good broadband connection and it's not a problem if I use another device and airplay the same music to the Apple TV.

Is there a setting I've missed that I can use to force audio quality to be high?

Device

Apple TV 4

Operating System

tvOS 13.0

Plan

Premium

46 Replies

@Jeremy Did you watch @jmuffitt's video? What's the solution to this issue?

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reaching out in the Community and flagging this with us.

We've reported this to the right teams at Spotify and we're looking into it as well. 

We'll keep you posted here as soon as we have more information.

Cheers!

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

How long should we reasonably wait for a response and fix? 

Hey @KrisSpoty,

Thanks for your reply.

We can't give a specific timeframe, however we assure you this has been forwarded to the relevant team for further review.

Let us know if there's anything else you wish to address.

MihailYModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

It is 2023 now and the issue is still there. If you play music from the Apple TV app, the sound is muffled. This seems to be an issue with app itself. When using airplay from the iPhone to the TV, the sound is crisp clear. I hope you address this soon.

Spotify needs to work harder with Apple to better their relationship to fix this. I hate to be cynical but my guess is that because Apple’s priority will always be Apple Music It’s up to Spotify to push to work with Apple to provode a better App on Apple TV.

I don't have any insider knowledge, but I kind of doubt that these is only Apple's fault. The audio of other apps that compete with Apple products work just fine on the Apple TV - Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, Netflix. I think it's more that Spotify doesn't really care. I'm guessing their user base on Apple TV is relatively small compared to their user base on other devices, so they have very little incentive to pay attention to this issue. And since they just laid off almost 10,000 employees, I'm guessing it'll be awhile before they do anything about this. 

Suggested posts