Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify removed my track due to suspicious streaming. What can I do about it?

Solved!

Spotify removed my track due to suspicious streaming. What can I do about it?

I'm an Artist with Distrokid as my distributor.

Today, I received a heartbreaking email that told me the entire track got removed from Spotify due to "artificial streaming".

I do not, in any way deny that it could be the case (without my knowledge) but it was genuinely unintentional.

Many small independent Artists like myself are constantly looking for ways to promote our music to help grow our career. Since Spotify does not have an official promotion service (like Adwords for Youtube), there are tons of third party services out there varying from plain-sight obvious scams to possibly genuine. However, as you can imagine, it is always a gamble when trusting someone new to promote your music.

I would happily invest in Spotify official campaigns or any promoters that Spotify endorses, but they do not exist?

I honestly wished I could pin-point which particular promoter was the culprit as I've done full-blown $2,000-$3,000 press release campaigns and smaller, more focused Spotify campaigns for a particular track.

It feels a little unfair that there were no warnings to this or having a penalty whereby the "fake streams" would be just removed instead of the entire track. Of course, the Spotify analytics could give me a red flags if the promoter was using fishy-methods, but by that time, there's nothing I can do to reverse it.

This has hurt me real bad and I am absolutely devastated.

What can I do about it now? Is there a chance Spotify would show some compassion and reinstate the track?

Am I even allowed to reupload the track again under a different or same ISRC number?

Any advice would be dearly appreciated.

102 Replies

My father was against music. But at that time the world was different.
Today when we thought that Spotify was changing de market for better and
musicians wouldn’t be used by major companies
Everything turned into an **bleep**. Spotify entered the big companies game, and
if you don't sign with them Spotify is taking you down. They won’t let you
grow. We need a great lawyer to solve this! Cheers. José

I tried but they say that they trust Spotify, and I’m guilty. Some songs
were taken down after 60 plays…Silly attitude. No problem. Cheers. José

Hi José

Do you re-release withe the same UPC and ISRC numbers, with the same distributer ?

Or do you let the distributer create new UPC and ISRC numbers ?

Best regards, Peter

Suggested posts