Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Fire Cube and LG tv

Operating System

Fire os 

Whenever I use Spotify on my firecube it takes over the play/pause button on other apps.  After using spotify, I exit, and then go to another app, say Netflix, Hulu, or Prime, but if I hit the play/pause button to pause the show I am watching spotify kicks in and starts playing the song I was last listening to.  I then have to exit the app I am in, start spotify, stop the song and exit spotify again.  It will continually do this until I have not used spotify for a few days.  How do I fix this?  Thanks

16 Replies

Hey there @Ihateapple

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

First up, we suggest that you try reinstalling the app on your Fire Cube to see if that makes the difference. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

I unistalled and reinstalled the spotify app and that did not change anything.  I also realized that this does this on the physical remote and the android fire cube remote app.  We believe that this has been there since we installed the Spotify app over 9 months ago.

Thank you for your help. 

Hey there @Ihateapple,

Thanks for your response on the topic.

This could actually be an expected behavior of the app. To rule this out, it's worthwhile to mention something about our Connect feature, that is used to stream musical content onto other devices present in your local network (such as your Fire Cube). Keep in mind that if you abandon Spotify and go to another app on your mobile, there is an automatic 10 minutes timeout before the connected device gets disconnected from your casting device (your mobile used as remote control). Of course if you'd like to use your device to control other apps remotely straight away, it's always good to manually switch the musical streaming back to your mobile and thus disconnecting the Spotify app from your Fire Cube right away.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on. 

Kiril Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have this same exact issue right now 

Hi there @Hardwickdave,

Thanks for the post.

Did you try the suggestion in @Kiril's post?

Let us know how you get on.

AlexModerator

Hi,

facing the same issue.

The only way to avoid Spotify playing when pushing play/pause button in any other app, is to force stopping Spotify app in settings.

I red the post from Kiril, but what is the solution?

Hi, 

I have the same issue. I played music on Spotify directly via the Fire TV App (no remote controlling via mobile app) and the Fire TV remote Play button resumes Spotify songs no matter which App i use afterwards (tried with Netflix, Disney+ and Crunchyroll).

How is this intended behaviour?

Same! I had to logout of Spotify on all devices, clear data on the FireTV Cube Spotify app, and unlink the Spotify skill in the Alexa app! What a PIA! Every time I paused or stopped a video on the Fire Cube Spotify would start playing on All Speakers! This went on for hours and kept us awake! Pretty sure I’m finished with Spotify at this point. Been a premium customer for years but this is so bogus! 

This still isn't fixed... I have the exact same issue on my Amazon fire TV... only just got it and only just installed Spotify... reeeaaaly annoying 'feature'... unsure if it is Spotify or yet another clunky aspect of Amazon fire software!

Just bought a new echo dot. Put it in the sitting room where we have the fire stick and this issue has started all of a sudden. Very annoying and seems to be a widely discussed issue for years. Not sure why Spotify and Amazon haven't worked together to get this resolved?! 

Did this resolve the issue for you? 

I have the exact same issue.  When I want to stop playing Spotify on the firestick I have to open another app like Netflix or BBC iPlayer to stop it playing music, otherwise when I go back to the firestick hours or days later it is still playing music.

It's very annoying pressing pause when watching a movie or series and having Spotify popping up playing music, taking you off the movie and making you go through the hassle of getting Spotify to stop and going back to your movie.

Its a bit of a joke that it still hasn't been sorted out.

Hey folks,

Apologies for the lack of updates on our end.

We'd like to report this to our tech team so for anyone still experiencing this, please provide the following info:

• The device model, OS version and Spotify version of the affected device(s).
  • A detailed description of the behavior (if you haven't provided one already).
  • The troubleshooting steps you've tried so far.

Looking forward to your replies.

MihailYModerator

The fix that I use is to just use the round button on the firestick remote
to stop start your movie. The Spotify issue is linked to the pause play
button. Since I stopped using the pause play button I haven't had the issue
for weeks.

Also, if you have a routine set up related to Spotify, try deactivating
that. Hope this helps. Very annoying bug.

I am still experiencing the issue of Spotify music starting to play when I pause/play a show/movie on Paramount+ using my Bluetooth earbuds. This does not happen if pause is pressed on the device it self only when I use my earbuds.

I have a Fire HD8 and Spotify version 8.9.10.616

I have updated all software and apps, forced closed Spotify (it just reopens again when the button is pressed). 

Hey folks,

Thank you for keeping in contact.

We appreciate the details included in your previous posts @mfortson89. Also and if possible; could any of you record a short video where we can take a better look? You can attach it to your next response by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. You can also upload it to YouTube or Google Drive and share the link with us (make sure the video has the permissions for anyone to see it).

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator

Suggested posts