Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Fire Cube and LG tv

Operating System

Fire os 

Whenever I use Spotify on my firecube it takes over the play/pause button on other apps.  After using spotify, I exit, and then go to another app, say Netflix, Hulu, or Prime, but if I hit the play/pause button to pause the show I am watching spotify kicks in and starts playing the song I was last listening to.  I then have to exit the app I am in, start spotify, stop the song and exit spotify again.  It will continually do this until I have not used spotify for a few days.  How do I fix this?  Thanks

3 Replies

Eni

Hey there @Ihateapple

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

First up, we suggest that you try reinstalling the app on your Fire Cube to see if that makes the difference. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if this started happening after a specific event such as an update?

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Ihateapple

I unistalled and reinstalled the spotify app and that did not change anything.  I also realized that this does this on the physical remote and the android fire cube remote app.  We believe that this has been there since we installed the Spotify app over 9 months ago.

Thank you for your help. 

Kiril

Hey there @Ihateapple,

Thanks for your response on the topic.

This could actually be an expected behavior of the app. To rule this out, it's worthwhile to mention something about our Connect feature, that is used to stream musical content onto other devices present in your local network (such as your Fire Cube). Keep in mind that if you abandon Spotify and go to another app on your mobile, there is an automatic 10 minutes timeout before the connected device gets disconnected from your casting device (your mobile used as remote control). Of course if you'd like to use your device to control other apps remotely straight away, it's always good to manually switch the musical streaming back to your mobile and thus disconnecting the Spotify app from your Fire Cube right away.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on. 

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts

Env: prod