Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't play songs

Solved!

Spotify won't play songs

Whenever I go to the web player for spotify, it will load properly and all that, but when I go to play a song it just won't play. I can't listen to any of my music because of it and it's really frustrating.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm still having this issue on Chrome (version 49.0.2623.87 m) with Win10 and the current version of Chrome for Win7.  It works alright in IE and Edge, but I really prefer not to use those browsers if I can avoid it.

It also works in Firefox on both Win7 and Win10, but it seems to cause a memory leak on my Win10 system and I really don't care to investigate that further...

I'm in New England.

Edit: Noticed in another thread that turning AdBlock off and back on did the trick for some people.  Seems to have worked for me (just pause/unpause, didn't need to reload the page).

View solution in original post

17 Replies

Hey @noregrets029! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

That doesn't sound quite right.

Have you tried to use another browser or clearing your browser cache/cookies?

Let us know if that helps, thanks! ^^

Peace

I tried, and it didn't help at all, and it's really beginning to frustrate
me.

I've had the same problem for about a week. Updated my brower, cleared catch and cookies. Tried three different browsers. It's very annoying.

I'm only having this problem for my "saved songs" list. The other songs work. Still very frustrating. Can you guys play other songs or does nothing work?

This has been happening to me for nearly a week. I have playlists I've made and also some I just follow, and I can't see a consistent problem with either one or the other type not playing. (edit: I've also cleared my cache and cookies, tried another browser, and rebooted several times.)

I don't have problems of any kind listening to music through the mobile app or through my Roku stick. idk if this info would be useful, but I'm throwing it out there for whatever it's worth.

This problem really is annoying. I have to use the web player at my desk at work bc I don't have admin provileges and I can't install the desktop version, and there's really not another service like Spotify out there. If I wanted to downvote songs to make a station "learn my tastes" I'd use pandora, and if I wanted ads I'd stream a local radio station. I pay for Spotify for a reason, and I hope they can fix this problem real soon.

I can't play any music on my desktop Spotify App either. Every time I try to play a song, a blue bar appears at the top and says "This song is not available". I have re-installed the app and it is still not working. Please advise, thanks!

I have the same problem. I have tried different computers, different browsers, clearing cache, etc. Nothing is working. I am definitely irritated. Everything seems to be fine on my phone and tablet. It's just my computer that won't play. So irritating. 

@noregrets029

@bmills05

@peculiaritea

@tifrose522

@AmBert26

Hello:

Guys are any of you still have playback issues using the webplayer? Can you list what browsers you have tried, the OS being used with this issue, and also if you guys can post your listening region? This information might help in case this might be something to do with a server issue?

Are any of you using proxy servers, or VPN's trying to access the Spotify service with the webplayer and/or the desktop app?

Hey,

This issue like cause by the Spotify web player using add-ons that are no longer supported by the browser you are using. This has happened quite a bit recently with other web based app/programs as Google and other companies have moved away from older technologies.

Try using Internet Explorer if you are on a Windows computer and see if that works.
When trying myself I was having the same issues where the web player would not play music but when switching to Internet Explorer it worked fine.

I hope this helps and sorry if I put too much information haha

Same here. I can play the playlists i've saved - but only the ones that were created by spotify. I can't play any of my saved songs or any of my created playlists

Good morning!

@JayLB as far as the information you said would be useful:

• I am using Chrome Version 49.0.2623.87 m and have also attempted in IE Version 10.0.9200.17609 (Update Version 10.0.35) on Windows 7 64-bit.
  • Just for shiggles I also attempted in the Chrome browser (Version 49.0.2623.87 m) on the remote desktop app we use here at work, which runs on Windows Server 2008, and got the same results.
  • I'm in Irvine, CA, USA, and am not using a VPN or proxy.

Double checked to be sure the problem is still happening this morning, and it is. 

I hope it can be resolved soon!

The same has happened to me, I have cleared all my data, tried on different laptops and pc's, browsers, the same happens, on chrome console says it's a javascript error 🙂 from spotify

src="//cdn.ravenjs.com/1.1.18/raven.min.js"

@JayLB 

• I am using Chrome Version 49.0.2623.87 m and have also tried it on the latest IE that didn't work either.
  • I'm in Utah and am not using a VPN or proxy.

Yesterday, I could get it to work on my work computer on Firefox, but I don't want to have to download that crap on my home computer if I don't have to. 

Thank you

I don't want to jinx it, but IT'S WORKING TODAY! Woo hoo! 🙂 Hopefully this means the issue is fixed. Thanks for all the help & suggestions. 

Marked as solution

I'm still having this issue on Chrome (version 49.0.2623.87 m) with Win10 and the current version of Chrome for Win7.  It works alright in IE and Edge, but I really prefer not to use those browsers if I can avoid it.

It also works in Firefox on both Win7 and Win10, but it seems to cause a memory leak on my Win10 system and I really don't care to investigate that further...

I'm in New England.

Edit: Noticed in another thread that turning AdBlock off and back on did the trick for some people.  Seems to have worked for me (just pause/unpause, didn't need to reload the page).

@Metaphilosopher. A useful tip is also to try going to play.spotify.com using an incognito window, on Chrome. That usually does the trick. 

Suggested posts