Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Streaming simultaneously on multiple devices within the same subscription.

Solved!

Streaming simultaneously on multiple devices within the same subscription.

My old setup consited of 3 Sonos zones, each able to listen to seperate music using the same subscription. I was however disappointed by the lack of features Sonos puts into its controllers so i switched to a receiver that supports Spotify Connect.

Now, when my receiver plays Spotify Connect in my livingroom and I go and listen to different music using Spotify for the Mac the receiver stops playing.

It is in no way clear to me what is, and what isn't allowed. I can understand you don't want me to share my subscription to all the neighbours but shouldn't this just be allowed as was the case with Sonos?

Also, why am I not able to use Spotift Connect from the Mac version of Spotify? Is this feature on any roadmap?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

With Spotify subscriptions, one account equals one stream as a general rule (including with Spotify Connect, although there are mult-room Connect systems, not sure if they allow different tracks).

Sonos is the only exception as they have some weird multi-room deal with Spotify.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

With Spotify subscriptions, one account equals one stream as a general rule (including with Spotify Connect, although there are mult-room Connect systems, not sure if they allow different tracks).

Sonos is the only exception as they have some weird multi-room deal with Spotify.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

actually thats not solved, I want a feature to play one song on different gadgets at the same time.

Hi,

is this possible? I'd like to play my Playlists on different devices (Playstation in Living-Room, Sonos in the Kitchen, PC, etc.).

The Song I'm listening to at the moment should be able to be played at all these devices at the same time - since I don't have a Sonos Speaker in every room.

So is this possible or will it eventually be possible some day?

Thanks in advance.

Greetings

why can i watch netflix on 10 devices at once for 15$ but not spotify?

Because Spotify do not want that users share subscriptions if they do not live at the same place.

Suggested posts