Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Symbian] Problems logging in with a Facebook account

Solved!

[Symbian] Problems logging in with a Facebook account

So you've got a Spotify account. And you've got a phone that's running on the Symbian operating system. But you can't get logged in!

If you've created an account through Facebook, you will need to create a device password. With this password, you should be able to get logged in on your phone!

For a list of supported Symbian phones, you can find that right here.

Airhorn Enthusiast
100 Replies

Hi Jaakko - In order to use Spotify on your mobile device you'll need a Premium subscription. Right now you're using our free service. 

You can make this upgrade instantly via your subscription page,

Hi!

I've just started using Spotify and it works perfectly with iPad and iPhone but I am not able to log in through my Blackberry Bold 9000. I have created device passwords and I can use those to log in via my iPhone app, but when I enter them in the BB app the app keeps logging in but nothing works. Also I can not use the option of logging in via my facebook account on my BB, or do I then need a Facebook app too?

Thanks!

Kim

Hi Kimvh - Do you not have the Facebook app currently installed on your Blackberry? It's definitely worth downloading the FB app too and giving that another try.

Is the Facebook app installed on the iPhone that allows you to login with any problems? 

I've installed Facebook on the Blackberry and that works fine, but I still cannot login to spotify. The app has downloaded correctly, I can access spotify on my computer and iphone only it absolutely refuses to log in on my blackberry. I have tried everything, uninstalling and installing the app numerous times. It is incredibly frustrating. The spotify app does not offer me the possibility to login through facebook though, only though the device codes and is therefore different from iphone.

One thing that does strike me as unusual is that although I have a fully paid premium subscription, on top of my screen in the iphone app it says: 30 days left of your trial period (translated from Dutch). All my account details seems to be in order and no trial period is mentioned on my account information, could this be part of the problem?

Hi kimvh - There are a couple other troubleshooting steps we can take here. I'll be sending you a direct email so we can confirm some quick security details. 

As far as the "30 days left of your trial message"--this is just a cosmetic error. I can confirm your account has an active and healthy Premium subscription. For more updates on that issue please keep an eye on this thread here

Alright, so here's the deal. My family has a premium subscription and my dad has been using it on his symbian, however, my brother logged out of it accidentally and we have no way to get back in because I lost the original password.  I requested a new one--I only hit the button once, mind you--and it's been about a week now with no response. I'm a bit upset, my dad's a bit upset, and tech support isn't helping one bit. I need a password quickly, otherwise I fear that my dad is going to kill my subscription, which is not exactly on my list of happy future events.

Can someone please help me?!?!

Hi lalalala23 - Have you been requesting a password reset via this website: http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/devices/connect-devices/

It can sometimes take up to 48 hours for that link to reach your inbox. Please be sure to check your spam filter too. It will be going to the email address linked to your Facebook. 

However, I should note that Spotify is for personal use only. If a family subscription is something you'd be interested in, I recommend giving this post some Kudos in our Ideas Board: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Discount-Family-Subscriptions/idi-p/2275

Hi meredith,

Some weeks ago i requested a new device password for my symbian phone, cuz the setting of the device password did not work for me. All worked out perfectly, however I now have a new ipad and cant remember the password i set. I tried some things and they didn't work and resetting the device password hasn't worked either. Could you please help again 🙂

HI Marko - Are you requesting that password via http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/devices/connect-devices/

It can sometimes take up to 48 hours for this to reach your inbox. No reason why it shouldn't be working for you. 

I recommend checking your Spam as well. If you're still having trouble it's best to reach out via the contact form. Myself or another agent can then help from there. 

Well actually I receive an email just fine and I can click it and change the password. However if I use the password that I have created it still doesn't work on my ipad. The problem isn't the email or not being able to change or create a password. The problem is using the password created.

Anyway, last time you send me an email with a link to change the password and it worked immediately. I'll fill out a contact form then if that is what is required.

Thanks!

Ah I see. When you click on the email you just need to log in with your normal Facebook email address and FB password. 

You shouldn't use the 10-digit username at this stage. You'll then be able to reset that password to be used on your Symbian phone. 

Hmm, when I click the email I receive I am already logged in on the spotify website. It shows me the ten digit username and askes me to fill in the password and confirm the password. After this it gives me a confirmation of the creation of a password. However, like I said before, if I wanna log in on my ipad it doesn't work.

On my phone I also cannot login with the new password I created. If I use the old password I cán login, however spotify still gives me the notice "login failed, username or password is incorrect" and i cannot use the online mode only the offline mode, however weird that is!! 🙂

My understanding was that to login into spotify on my Ipad (wrong topic, I know) I had to use the same username (10-digit) and password. But this doesn't work either.

Does this clarify things?

Hi there,

I'm also having the (seems to be common) problem of not being able to log on with the symbian client.

I have created a device password and am using the correct user name.

However after accepting the terms and conditions it goes back to the logon screen without any indication of what went wrong.

What next?

Cheers

Marko - Ah I believe there's some confusion here. You only need to use that 10-digit username and device password for your Symbian (or Windows, Palm devices). 

When using iOS devices like the iPhone/ iPad just sign in with your FB email and password. How's that working for you now? 

cheesionz - Well that's quite odd. Can you confirm exactly which model/ Spotify version you're using? 

I'd definitely give a clean reinstallation a try for the time being: http://www.spotify.com/help/faq/tech/reinstallation-of-spotify-symbian/

I'm using a Nokia N8 on Symbian Belle, I installed the latest spotify version from m.spotify.com (4.08(17))

I've also tried re-installing, but I'm not able to clear the data as I have not been able to log on.

Thanks for your quick response.

Edit: Found a spotify folder in the phone memory so deleted that, then tried logging in again. It works now. 🙂
(Not sure if it was that or just a delay as I didn't try logging in before)

I have tried to receive device passwor but i never receive an email, tried many times.

Whats next?

Hi - I'm having the same problem as Marko. I have a Nokia N8, and have set a device password but can't login using it on my phone. I've tried with 2 different passwords but it always says it's wrong. It sounds like Marko was sent a different device password link that did work for him - if correct, could someone send me that link? Cheers.

Hi there,

I'm also having the (seems to be common) problem of not being able to log on with the symbian client. I have created a device password and am using the correct user name. However after accepting the terms and conditions it goes back to the logon screen without any indication of what went wrong.

Yes, I copy pasted the problem from the previous message. I'm amazed that Spotify hasn't been able to fix the problem or to give proper answers. 

I have done the following:

installed spotify from m.spotify.com

created user device password

trying to connect with username "111....." and the password I created

having problems as described above

deleted spotify

installed spotify again from m.spotify.com

trying to connect with username "111....." and the password I created

having the same problem again.

programm version is 4.08(17)

And one more observation. If i put worng username for example "gk49h09w5", programm doesn't say "wrong password or username" but instead it just goes back to the logon screen.

Hi markus777 - I can see you've gotten touch via the contact form. Everything working for you now?

Any other users still having trouble logging in?

yep, I'm afraid mine still does the same thing - tells me the username or password is incorrect.

Suggested posts